My husband and I purchased a Groupon deal for this resort during our short six day Manuel Antonio/ Arenal vacation. We stayed at the Falls from Nov. 16 - 19, it was paradise!!
Because we were bouncing around CR, we decided to rent a car which was a great experience; however, we will definitely hire a driver next time bc the cost came out about the same (approx $500). We arrived at the Falls at about 8pm (about 3 hr drive from San José w/ lots of new construction traffic). It was an easy drive w/ the GPS the rental car gave us. When we arrived we were greeted by a very nice receptionist who checked us in and called someone to show us to our room, who was very nice as well. We were able to leave our car parked in one of the few spots in front of the hotel w/o incident. Not sure what our options would have been had it been more crowded.
Rooms: Loved, loved, loved it!! We had a detached one bedroom villa which was surrounded by trees, flowers and wild life. It was so quiet and secluded we felt like we were there all alone, especially at night. We spent our mornings and evenings on the porch in the hammock, even when it poured we were ok out there, and experienced visits from monkeys, sloths, and humming birds. The doors and shutters to the room open so that the porch and the room became one. The room itself was immaculate. The king size bed had linen draped around it from the ceiling, and was clean and extremely comfy. The flat screen TV was a good size and offers movie channels in English & Spanish. There was also a mini fridge stocked with soda and snacks, a safe in the closet in the bathroom w/ robes, a ceiling fan, and remote controlled ac unit. Furthermore, we were able to dim the lights in the room for a little ambiance, it was very romantic. The iron we had to get from the receptionist and used the desk with a towel over it to iron on which was no big deal. I loved the bathroom, it was huge and clean w/ an open shower (no door) on one side, an enclosed toilet on the other, and in between was a bowel sink vanity and mirror. There were windows at the top of the walls that permitted views of nature. The rooms are separated by shutter doors if you are keen on privacy while in the bathroom.
Pool: There is a pool and a jacuzzi but we didn't use either.
Food: For most of our stay in MA we at breakfast, lunch, and dinner on the resort. We were served typical meals along w/ some American staples. The food was always delicious and service exceeded expectations. Luis really took care of us and made us feel welcomed. The restaurant is nice, clean, and has a bit of an ambiance in the evenings. The only downside was that it wasn't open on Sunday evening which we were made aware of upon arrival.
Staff: Everyone was really nice and went above and beyond to let you know you're appreciated. Even the owners are personable and chatted with us a little before we headed of to their zip lining excursion, which if you have the chance to do you must. The park is very well put together w/ plans for future expansion.
Overall: I definitely recommend this hotel. Having stayed at many other hotels up and down the hill, I can stay this was by far the best. We are looking forward to going back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is an amazingly beautiful and tranquil garden and waterfall setting within walking distance of this famous little town's best restaurants and gorgeous beaches. White faced capuchins, sloths, toucans, and the endangered mono titi monkeys frequent the trees overhead, while blue iridescent morpho butterflies and hummingbirds bustle about the garden. Whether you are seeking an adventure of a lifetime or just want to relax in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the Falls Resort may be the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Falls Hotel At Manuel Antonio
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Costa Rica