We just spent three weeks traveling all around Costa Rica and the Quepos/Manuel Antonio area was by far the worst place to visit (in an otherwise amazing trip.)
This hotel is good, its grounds are beautiful, and it's a real peaceful oasis from the awful area outside. But why would you go somewhere that you need such an oasis?
This is the most over-developed area in the country. The park is beautiful, but you have to get through miles and miles of touts and narrow roads lined by ugly tourist attractions and hotels. Why would you come here at all? There are many other beautiful parks in Costa Rica, and you can see monkeys in other places, if that's what you're into. Sadly this is all a result of people like us (tourists) flocking here in such droves that the natural beauty of the park is distorted and ruined by the grotesque environment that has sprung up all around it.
SCAM: If/when you go to the park, ignore the very official-looking men (often in park ranger uniforms) flagging down your car and waving you to the side of the road to park. They will tell you the lots near the park are "full" or there's an "event" happening etc. These are just scams to get you to park far from Manuel Antonio Park, under the supervision of their touts who will expect a payment after. As a reward, you'll have a nice long walk on the hot pavement.
NB: We had a nice walk in the park, but only because we got there at 7am. By 9 on a Saturday there are already lineups to get into the park, and your bags etc are searched at the entrance... wow, fun.
If you HAVE to come to this area the Falls is a good choice. But remember... you don't HAVE to come here at all! Costa Rica is beautiful, don't see it at its worst!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica is an amazingly beautiful and tranquil garden and waterfall setting within walking distance of this famous little town's best restaurants and gorgeous beaches. White faced capuchins, sloths, toucans, and the endangered mono titi monkeys frequent the trees overhead, while blue iridescent morpho butterflies and hummingbirds bustle about the garden. Whether you are seeking an adventure of a lifetime or just want to relax in one of the most beautiful places on earth, the Falls Resort may be the perfect place for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Falls Resort at Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Falls Hotel At Manuel Antonio
- Falls Resort At Manuel Antonio Costa Rica