“Tuna tostado!!”

Cafe Agua Azul
Good for: Families with children, Scenic view, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed August 1, 2014

We had the best service of any restaurant we visited in CR at Aqua Azul. Diego and Ronald couldn't have been more spot on, and I talking about a place that was always packed- and they were the only 2 servers that we saw on our multiple visits. But why would we go to the same place multiple times in a city of restaurants? Alejandra's tuna tostados!! Even if we didn't eat dinner there we would stop for that app and then go elsewhere. It was that good! And you absolutly can not beat the view. I have nothing but thumbs up for Aqua Azul. Oh, and the owner was lovely but I never caught her name.

Reviewed July 30, 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended to us a the "IT" place to eat in Manuel Antonio. I'm on the fence about Aqua Azul to be honest. I think it deserves part of the "IT" status, mostly because it IS a very popular place and also because it has the Best View in all of Manuel Antonio. Like a picture perfect amazing view. First timers to the restaurant are whipping out their iphones getting snaps of the view for the folks back home. However, I think the food/drinks, or the quality/service thereof, has slipped a bit or is not consistently great. We loved the bacon cheesy fries here, like really loved them. But at the same time, my frozen marguerita came to me mostly melted...it looked like it had sat for 10 minutes in the heat before being delivered. For at least a $10-12 frozen marguerita, that is pretty unacceptable, the waiter should have caught that. My mom had highly recommended the calamari here (she visited about a month before we came) and when my husband got it, he said it was very bland, very little flavor and was overcooked. So sometimes things are great and sometimes they just don't deliver. A little bit hit and miss, which was kind of disappointing. At the very least though you can come here, have an chilled Imperial, and bask in the view of the ocean of Manuel Antonio.

Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

View is the bomb! Staff is friendly and lively. Fish tacos where amazing for lunch. Red snapper for dinner was perfect. And the tuna tar tar on tostadas are a must. Coldest beer I had in Costa Rica too!
Big Fan!

Reviewed July 24, 2014

I don't see many comments about this so maybe we just hit it on on off night or the wind was blowing the wrong way but even though this is a typical outdoor restaurant, it was so greasy and smoky. We were seated in the far corner of the restaurant, as far as you can get from the grill and it was still bad. The food and service were but nothing special. Our bill was wrong (we were charged for extra drinks) but they fixed it with no problem.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

Quality, fresh, tasty food found here!!! And very friendly staff! The view is quite spectacular as well. The food was so great for lunch here that we decided to come back one night for dinner and it was just as great!