“Great restaurant and great service”
Review of Cafe Agua Azul

Cafe Agua Azul
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Quebec City, Canada
“Great restaurant and great service”
Reviewed June 14, 2013 via mobile

We came in for supper with our 18 month-old and absolutely loved the service. The food was good (we had the burgers), but the real great thing about this place is the open and friendly atmosphere.

• Visited June 2013

• Hebrew first
  • Polish first
St. Paul, MN
“Wonderful food and cool atmosphere”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Most of the local cab drivers recommended this place and we were glad they did. The food was very good. We tried tuna and snapper and then had a banana dessert, which we would highly recommend. The atmosphere is so cool since you're up a bit higher and it's open-air.
It's a little pricey but most places were in Manuel Antonio; this one is worth the price that you pay.

Visited May 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Superb lunch”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Best man at a wedding and this is where I ate lunch on the big day with the groom and some others. We knew it had a big reputation - and it lived up to it. Difficult not to have a great view in Manuel Antonio, but this is an especially nice spot. Nice relaxed atmosphere (maybe not the speediest service) but most importantly our food was excellent. And reasonably priced too.

• Visited June 2013
Hartford, Connecticut
“Wonderful Food/Cleanliness in Question”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

The wait was a bit long. It was a bit cramped, they piled in as many tables as the space could possibly take. The food was amazing, truly it was. My boyfriend and I got the same dish (it was the special) and we were both in love with the taste. Unfortunately, my dish came with a surprise when I was just about finished - a dead bug hiding under the fish that was a little under an inch long. I hesitate to call it a roach (mostly because I ate the whole meal before that point and hate to think there was a roach hanging out there) but it was something of that kind. I suppose with an open air kitchen these things happen but I was surprised at how unperturbed my waiter was by it!

• Visited February 2013
Saint Paul, Minnesota
“Lived up to the recommendations”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

Everyone we asked for recommendations for places to eat said to go to Agua Azul for dinner. It is a cozy upstairs place with open walls. If you catch and early dinner you can see the sunset too. We didn't have high hopes the food would live up to the hype, but we were very impressed with what we ordered. My wife had the battered tuna and I had the snapper. Both were excellent and I would order again (really, I would order my wife's Tuna because that was outstanding). Just make sure you call ahead to see if you need reservations. It is smaller so you depending on what time of the year you go it may be a busy place.

Visited May 2013