“Great Canopy Tour & Ziplining”
Review of Safari Adventures

Safari Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Safari Adventures CR is a tour operator company based in Quepos and Manuel Antonio Costa Rica. The company was funded 16 years ago and has been recognized for the experienced operating tours. We have thrive to offer our customers the best tours in the area, we make sure the service is always 100% personalized, best tour price, all the proper equipment and guaranteed safety during the tour. The company is lead by its owner and founder Roger Arce, and a team of certified bilingual guides and staff who work hard every day to ensure the our customers satisfaction with our tour operation.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Boca Raton, Florida
“Great Canopy Tour & Ziplining”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I choose Safari Adventures at the suggestion of the hotel staff at Byblos Resort (Thanks Melissa). We must say it was a great choice. The Safari Adventures team picked us up from our hotel on time and off we went. AL and Arley gave tons of knowledge about the history of Quepos and surrounding areas on our way to the rainforest.

Arley gave a brief but thorough safety demonstration before we set out. Zip lining was awesome. It was our first time and the team made us feel safe and comfortable the entire time. (And theY were cool guys to hang with). The views are amazing. We loved the lunch, especially the plantains. (Tip the cook. We really ATE good food. Go and you will see what I mean)

I recommend Safari Adventures for all ages and family units. These guys know what they are doing!!!!! It was definitely a TOP highlight of our trip!!!!

Visited August 2013
CRSafari_Adventures, Director de Relaciones con Clientes at Safari Adventures, responded to this review, August 17, 2015
Thank you so much for this review. We hope to see you again. Have a fantastic day!

• Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Raleigh, North Carolina
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“ATV-ing was a Fun Rush”
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We did an ATV tour on the very last day of a 9 day Costa Rica Trip. My two boys (11 and 15) were really excited about doing it. I went along just because I wanted them to have fun.

This was a really fun experience for all of us. I was quite impressed. Driving the vehicles over trails, through streams, tooling around in the mud. That's good fun. We did it in the afternoon. Probably not the best decision during the rainy season.

We rented two vehicles - a single and a double (for my youngest and me). At first, I wondered whether my youngest could handle the vehicle. I sat behind him and took control if I ever felt that he was struggling. But in no time, he really mastered the vehicle and I became just a passenger at that point. Our guide offered to let us adjust the reservation, letting us each drive our own vehicle, or letting my youngest drive with him so that we were all getting the experience of driving. (assuming we would settle up additional fees afterwards)

When you get to the waterfall, make sure you go swimming. You wouldn't want to miss that chance. In the mean time - just enjoy the ride

Visited August 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed the tour! Thank you for this review, have a fantastic day!
Pembroke Pines, Florida
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great canopy tour”
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Arley picked our group up at the house we were staying at Manuel Antonio. He drove us 30 km to their place. The road is not in bad shape, but it is a dirt road and the drive took about 45 minutes from Manuel Antonio.

Once we got there, we got in our gear and received a safety briefing by Arley. Our group had an age range of 15 to 50 and we were a total of 8. There are a total of 9 cables in this canopy tour, ranging from short and shallow to long and deep. Overall, the tour requires very little effort to complete, except for some short segments that you need to walk through the forest to reach the next cable.

Arley took very good care of us from the time he picked us up to the time he returned us to our house. He even gave us restaurant recommendations that turned out to be spot on.

I highly recommend this tour if you are looking for an adrenaline rush but don't want to exert yourself too much. The whole trip from Manuel Antonio and back took about 4.5 hours.

Visited August 2013
Thank you for this review! We are so glad you enjoyed the tour, have a fantastic day!
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mangrove kayak tour”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I really appreciated the scenery and wildlife seen on this tour. We saw a black boa, capuchin monkeys, crabs, different bird species, and more. The dinner that was included was a little disappointing. The portions were very small and the service was average. When we arrived to the river, they did not bring enough life jackets for everyone kayaking. I find that a little ridiculous. If you are trying to see as much as possible, kayaking is not the way to go. The guide even said after we started the boat tour sees more. However, the guide made no effort to move at a quicker pace even though the group wanted to. He spent time socializing with other guides instead of attempting to show us more wildlife. I personally enjoyed the kayaking, but recommend the boat to those who want a better chance to see more.

Houston, Texas
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Canopy Tour”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

Al and his team did an outstanding job keeping us safe during this very expansive zip line. First rate.

Visited July 2013
Thank you so much for this review, we hope to see you again. Have a fantastic day!