“Great experience”
Review of La Hacienda Restaurante - CLOSED

La Hacienda Restaurante
Cuisines: Seafood, Costa Rican, Contemporary, Central American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Families with children, Romantic
Los Angeles, California, United States
“Great experience”
Reviewed April 25, 2012

Great food and atmosphere. My wife had the beef tenderloin with rosemary potatos (very good) and I had the pan fried trout (excellent). Very reasonably priced drinks ($3 marg) and live music, Cory Butler on guitar - he was really good and seemed like a nice guy. We were too full to have desert, but they looked really good. Overall, what more could you ask for - very good to excellent food, nice atmosphere, reasonable prices, and live music. Chatted with the owner briefly, and he seemed like a geniune guy, and even asked the chef about the trout recipe (I will try this one at home). Maybe not a wild place, but perfect for our night out. A nice atmosphere, with a view into a garden area with lights, but not the views from ohter restaurants (we went out for drinks first for the sunset, and then went for dinner). There are so many restaurants in the area, it was hard to sort where to go - so I hope this helps. A couple we met at our hotel recommended LaHac, and we were not disappointed.

• Visited April 2012

Titusville, New Jersey
“great food”
Reviewed April 12, 2012

moderately priced, good music, great food, just dont follow the map - right next to Gaia

Visited April 2012
Dallas, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nothing too exciting...”
Reviewed April 11, 2012

Ate here my first night since it was next to Hotel Plaza Yara. Food was so-so, but the live music from 7-9p was nice.

Visited April 2012
Hove, United Kingdom
“Awful pizza”
Reviewed April 1, 2012

We were staying at Plaza Yara and decided to have a take-away pizza one evening in our room. I wish we hadn't as this was by far our worst meal in Costa Rica. I'm not sure whether we ordered our food before the ovens had been switched on for the evening but the pizza bases were doughy and barely cooked and the meal did not represent value for money. As a result we did not eat there again though the live music sounded good most nights.

• Visited March 2012
Medellin, Colombia
“I feel deceived...but I still had a good time here”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

When reading reviews for this I was expecting more of a "local hangout" but was surprised when we walked in and found large parties of Americans. I mean I know I am a tourist and all but I am just wondering where people were when writing about the local people coming here because I didnt see any locals except one behind the bar pretty sure even the owner is american. They can definitely accommodate large parties there were like 2 tables of 14 when we walked in. They also have an interesting looking menu including a brie quesadilla. I would have liked to try the food but we had other plans for dinner. We really wanted to come here because my boyfriend wanted to try their selection of craft beer. They offer two craft beers on the menu that are $5 and after drinking imperial for 6 days he was very excited to try something new! The bar seems to get packed with people and seems to be very popular. I wish I would be able to comment on delicious food so maybe next time. Its definitely worth stopping through here and having a drink...just don't expect some local hangout.

• Visited March 2012