Villa Prats Hotel
Los Altos Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$388
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$238
$202
Hotel San Bada(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$194
$178
Parador Resort and Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$239
$222
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$290
$282
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$156
$151
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $169/night.

Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$133
Arenas del Mar Beachfront & Rainforest Resort(Manuel Antonio)
$360
$349
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$205
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$104
Agoda.com
All reviewsexcellent locationmanuel antonio national parkthe air conditioningstayed nightsbook toursrooms are cleanpublic beachhowler monkeystvfridgepathlaundry
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I want to start by saying that you wouldn't stay at Villa Prats if you were after a 5 star holiday as there are much nicer hotels in the area however for the budget conscious travelers who is after all the amenities then this place was really good. My boyfriend and I stayed here for two nights, we called up and they offered us a room for $40AUD a night which for the area is incredibly cheap, we were skeptical based on the price however the room was perfect for what we needed, it had a double and single bed, a couch TV with cable, free wi if and a fridge which was very impressive, the pool was small but we didn't really use it and the location is amazing, a 30 second walk to the entrance of Manuel Antonio and a 5 min stroll to the beach. Just some small low points if you are after reception service there was hardly anyone ever there as they live above the hotel but if you need the, you could find them, we did have to ask for towels a couple of times but that was about it. The place is also very secure with electronic key entry to enter the building.

Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed April 14, 2012

Simple room, clean, friendly staff (doesnt always speak english). Small swimming pool if you want to get a cool swim after a long hot day. We even checked in at 12am and someone was waiting for us at so late at night, really appreciated it. Location cannot be better, you are exactly 30sec walk from the entrance of the park!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Gaelle V
Reviewed April 14, 2012

We stayed here two nights or our honeymoon trip. The services was over the top. The owner of the hotel greeted us and gave all the propers tips/directions what to do around the area. We forgot the rosary when we left, the owner emailed us and offer to send us when he's in USA. We short some souvenirs so we asked the owner if he could buy and we were going to pay him back. He even offered to send us the rosary & souvenirs without getting anything back in return.

I couldn't ask for anything more. Thanks for a great time and hospitality

Room Tip: Go to http://www.villapratscr.com/ to book a room
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 6, 2012

the best feature of this hotel is the near perfect location! nice place with a small pool. good AC. we had to move from room to room during our 3 nites. friendly staff. hard to find as it is located on a gravel laneway beside the end loop bus/taxi stand. clean and secure.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed April 2, 2012

The room I stayed in was awful - the "bed" was a piece of foam that was sunken in the middle, the fridge had rust all over it on the outside, the floors were dirty, and the paint job inside the room was very old and very bad. The room was very small, and the one and only window was to the walkway inside the hotel, so it needed to be closed at all times for privacy but left a 4 inch opening on the side, making me feel paranoid about changing anywhere else other than inside the bathroom since anyone could see inside my room whenever they wanted.

There were small bugs inside the bathroom and all over my bed - I showed this to the manager, and he chose to respond by accusing me of bringing the bugs to the hotel myself! Which is ridiculous since I know that there were zero bugs at the last place I stayed, and once I left this place for my next destination, there were no bugs to be found anywhere so these bugs did not come with me or stay with me afterwards! The manager claimed the beds were new mattresses (hahahahah! really, new with such an uncomfortable sleep since the middle is caved in and I have to lay down on a curve?! And a piece of foam is NOT a mattress!) and used new mattresses as the rational to support his claim of it couldn't possibly be any other reason than me bringing the bugs there! He then proceeded to tell me that just a couple of days ago they had to fumigate another room because those guests brought bugs with them. No apology, just accusing me of causing the problem vs. saying "I am sorry, let me see if I can move you to another room" or "I am sorry but this is costa rica and bugs are everywhere" which would have been perfectly acceptable. So I got to watch small bugs crawl all over my stuff on the bathroom sink and all over my bed for my entire stay. Yuck!

The young boy (owner's son?) who works the front desk responds to your inquiry or complaint or whatever, but never a smile, never an apology. The outdoor pool and surrounding area is rundown, small, and def not appealing to spend any time there. "Pool" is above ground and tiny.

2 stars for air conditioning, quiet at night, and the convenient location being super close to the park entrance.

I would definitely not stay here again (I tried to move to another hotel, but no one had availability for the nights I was in MA) and I would definitely not recommend staying here!

Stayed: March 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Natureloversf
frankprats, Owner at Villa Prats Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 6, 2012

thankyou for taking time to review my property, i saw first your reviews and 6 out of 10 are almost identical to my hotel, before you came to the hotel you ask for a discount, i gave it to you, when you arrived after your 6 complaint , first the room was hot, then a bloncket the room to cold, then the floor was dirty, i came and saw the room clean the you wanted towels on the floor we put them for you then an ant in the shower we fumigated the bathroom, at this time i knew you are what we caled problem guest is the type that tries to get free stay, since you were a female alone i istructed all my male workers not to speak or smile at you and have the least contact any complains to come to me, that is the reason you said my workers were unfriendly is my fault, you forgot to put down that your stay was so bad that you stay longer then what you had planned, 3 days to be exact, also about the bugs i ask you to open your suit case you declined, but i istructed the maid to check your garbage ther we found a plastic bag with roton fruit, to finish the taxi you told us to call for you came back and i had to pay 4 dollars since you said that you were not going to pay the full fare because the air cond did not operate correctly