“Luxury vacation at an affordable price!”

Pacifico Colonial Condominiums
Reviewed March 14, 2010

P.C. is the most amazing place! We read that it was beautiful, but when we walked in we were in awe! The view, the monkeys every morning, the huge porch, the chef!!!!! Let's not forget the staff- friendly, helpful, and knowledgable ! This place sounds too good to be true - but believe me it's not. WOW !!!

There are newer reviews for Pacifico Colonial Condominiums

Reviewed March 3, 2010

Stayed five days in the penthouse. It is the finest unit I have ever rented and I've been traveling for years. The website makes it look like a beautiful unit, but it is nicer than even those photos. The balcony, which is huge and gorgeous, overlooks rainforest and a fifty mile view of the coast. Monkeys travel below the balcony each morning and evening. Sunset from the balcony is like in the movies. Each bedroom is beautiful with immense bathrooms. Best staff you can imagine. I wanted to propose to Christine who set up anything with a smile and great advice. Do yourself a favor and stay here.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed February 20, 2010

This is the first time I have ever reviewed a hotel on Trip Advisor. Quite simply, I was motivated to write a review about Pacifico Colonial because of the quality of our recent stay. My wife and I wanted to spend 5 relaxing days and nights in Manuel Antonio and a friend of mine had recommended Pacifico Colonial. I e-mailed Melissa who could not have been friendlier or more responsive. Extremely professional. A quick note for anyone who feels uncomfortable about doing a wire transfer instead of being able to use a credit card to secure your reservation. It is very simple and it is completely legitimate.

Once we arrived at Pacifico Colonial we were immediately impressed by the quality of the accommodations and service. Christine greeted us at reception and gave us a great summary of some of the highlights of the area. This would be a recurring theme throughout our stay. Between Christine and Trini, we were constantly given great advice about restaurants, activities, directions, etc. and the two of them could not have been nicer people. They both really helped make this a special vacation for us. Thanks to you both! But they were not alone. The entire staff at Pacifico Colonial is top notch. In addition to Trini and Christine, the 24-hour security guards are all very friendly and good at their jobs and the cleaning staff is phenomenal. you won't find cleaner accommodations at any 5-star hotel. They even keep the giant balcony spotless which is great because we spent a ton of time soaking up the incredible views from our balcony.

Finally, I would be remiss if I didn't say a few words about the location. Pacifico Colonial is in the perfect location in Manuel Antonio. It is situated on the main road at the top of the hill that leads down to the main beach in Manuel Antonio and the National Park. This is where you want to be. There are many great restaurants (and sunset-viewing locations) within walking distance of the property. The main grocery store and 2 banks (with ATMs) are also a short walk away. I checked out a number of other hotels while in Manuel Antonio and I think that we wouldn't have been nearly as satisfied with any other accommodation. Pacifico Colonial is truly a special place!

As far as restaurants go, if you're adventurous and you are looking for a true taste of Costa Rica, ask Trini to give you directions to a somewhat remote barbecue joint called Koki's. This was by far the best (and most authentic) meal we had in Costa Rica. Koki is doing some good things on that grill of his.

Finally, for those who are curious, we stayed in 4 North which is a great 2 bed, 2 bath condo with over 2,000 square feet. It was extemely spacious for just the two of us, but we could have comfortably accommodated 2 more adults and 1-2 kids.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2010

My family and I - my wife & two small young children wanted to spend Christmas on the beach and we we were not disappointed.

When I made the reservation, I asked the property managers that I had very high expectations. We had just had a bad experience in Belize and we did not want to have a repeat of that.........

Not only was I not disappointed, our expectations were surpassed. The accommodations were top brass - everything from service to decor to of course the view. It has all the amenities. I felt I had transported all the conveniences of our home onto a mountain view overlooking the Pacific Ocean.

We also requested the chef services - what a treat!

The management staff is beyond incredible. Everyone operates as though they "own" the property!

I am Costa Rican and I have traveled throughout the entire country but I have yet to discover a place that matches.

Don't hesitate a second - make your reservation today. This place is beyond imagination.

Pacifico Colonial - continue operating the way you do......You have a world class property!

Thank you for making our Christmas 2009 such a wonderful experience...

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Absolutely incredible. 100% Luxe - better than any Ritz Carlton or other 5 star that I've stepped foot in. Incredible furnishing, comfort, spacious, relaxing. The managers are fabulously kind, helpful and go above and beyond. The web images do not do it justice whatsoever. You can't possibly get anythikng better for the buck. We even had a pack of white-faced monkeys two feet from our balcony one morning. www.pacificocolonial.com

Stayed: January 2010
Reviewed January 12, 2010

Beautiful, upscale property with drop dead gorgeous views. Condo is spacious, immaculate, and completely modern. Coffered ceilings, crown molding throughout, showroom quality furnishings, silent air conditioning. Master bedroom mattress sumptuous. Granite kitchen. Large new LCD TVs. Great location, walking distance to numerous restaurants. Staff friendly, helpful and English-speaking. I will definitely return to this property. We were staying at a competitive property very close by, but it had dated decor, furnishings, and electronics, so we relocated to Pacific Colonial and it saved our vacation. This is a special property, elegant, roomy and comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2010

Pacifico Colonial is a gorgeous condo building set high on a jungle hill overlooking the Pacific Ocean on the coastline of Costa Rica. Our 3 bedroom suite was elegantly appointed, with beautiful bedrooms, bathrooms and a fully equipped kitchen. The porch ran the entire length of our condo (2 South) and had a spectacular view of the coastline. Overall, we thought the accomodations were excellent.

We had ourselves, our two grown children (ages 23 and 21), and two of their friends with us. We had a fabulous time going to the beaches, hiking around the Manuel Antonio national park, sailing on the ocean, taking ATVs up into the mountains etc. Manager Melissa Klassen and her assistant Trini acted as full service concierges for us, arranging for all of our tours and excursions, suggesting restaurants, arranging for a chef to come in and cook, and setting up our transportation to/from San Jose airport. Melissa and Trini were very attentive and thoughtful about our needs and were truly excellent hosts. All of our excursions were fun -- the private ATV tour up to a suspension bridge and waterfall in the mountains was Melissa's suggestion and was particularly memorable.

Pacifico Colonial is located right on the main road in Manuel Antonio, which means that it was easy to walk to restaurants, shops, the local grocery store and the ATM machine. We did not have a rental car and did not feel that we needed one, as it was also easy to catch a taxi or bus to the beaches or restaurants that were too far to walk. There were some wonderful restaurants very close to the condo, with very good menus in pleasant outdoor settings.

The only downsides to Pacifico Colonial were that there was only a very small pool, which we never saw anyone use, and we could not easily walk to the beaches. However, the beautiful beaches in Manuel Antonio were only a short tax/bus ride away, so we thought that was a small price to pay. There were also no gym facilities in the building for those who like to work out.

Overall, we loved the Pacifico Colonial and the Manuel Antonio area in general. We would strongly recommend it to families or couples looking to have an active vacation in luxury surroundings.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled with family