Highly recommend Pacifico Colonial for families and groups staying in Manuel Antonio. The 2+ bedroom units are spacious and equipped with everything one could need on vacation. Location is great, bus stop right out front to take you to the MA national park, Quepos, or anywhere in between (about $0.50 a person per ride). Great restaurant, Victoria's, right across the street. Walkable to the grocery store, ATM, coffee shop and a few other restaurants as well.
During the day, the main "office" is staffed by knowledgeable and friendly staff, Eilyn and Miralyn during our stay. They provide great recommendations of places to go and eat in the area and can schedule any excursions you may be interested in. After 6 pm, a security guard takes over at the entrance and guests need to be buzzed in and out to get through the gate.
The pool is small but adequate, perfect for a quick relaxing swim. Not for those who are looking to swim laps or anything like that.
The balconies are certainly the selling feature of this property. They are huge and offer wonderful views of the ocean and mountains. Lots of seating as well--our two bedroom unit had a few loungers, side tables, full dining table with six chairs. Great spot to start and end the day, as well as enjoy the sunsets. They are also relatively private from the adjacent units as there is a divider area between the two sides of the building.
It was great to have the full size washer and dryer in the unit, and they even provided laundry detergent. Lots of extra towels and beach towels available too so there is no need to bring your own.
Our only complaint was the rock hard beds. Both the king size in the master and the two twins in the second bedroom were very uncomfortable. I had to sleep on the pull out sofa in the living room because it was impossible to get any sleep on the king. It was more comfortable to sleep with a bar across the back then that mattress!
Overall, however, I would not hesitate to recommend this condo to anyone, especially those needing multiple bedrooms. It is a great alternative to the nice hotels in the area, for the same price (or even less), you can stay in a modern, spacious condo as compared to a cramped hotel room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of Manuel Antonio, this new condominium is said to be the most high-end condo in all of Costa Rica. Two, three or four bedroom units are available either individually or combined offering the sweet comforts of home gilded with all the luxuries and modern amenities inlaid within the most beautiful design. There is cable television in every bedroom, high speed internet (Ethernet and wireless), a large 42 inch plasma-screen in the living room, phone, dishwasher, microwave, laundry facilities, central air-conditioning, elegant ceiling fans and a state of the art elevator to get you there. This accommodation is wheelchair accessible to all suites. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Cancelon and Priceline so you can book your Pacifico Colonial reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Pacifico Colonial Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Pacifico Colonial Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park