Pacifico Colonial Condominiums
Hotel Plaza Yara(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$110
Las Cascadas The Falls(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$118
$114
La Mariposa Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$202
  • Breakfast included
Gaia Hotel & Reserve(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$315
El Faro Beach Hotel(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$187
$63
Shana By The Beach, Hotel Residence & Spa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$290
$168
Hotel Costa Verde(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$158
$147
La Posada Private Jungle Bungalows(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$119
Travelocity
Tulemar Resort(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$495
Travelocity
Mango Moon Villa(Manuel Antonio)(Great Value!)
$78
Travelocity
All reviewsbedroom condothese condosbeautiful condowithin walking distancesunset viewingprivate garagedaily maid service was greatgated parkingfrequent travelergrocery storecosta ricaoverlooking junglewasher and dryerrecommending restaurantsbooking activitieshuge balconiesgave us great advice
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 22, 2011

We felt like we had won the lottery after staying in Pacifico Colonial, Manuel Antonio (Quepos). We came in the off season (Sept.) and the price was very reasonable, far better value than what we paid. Views off the balcony that belong on a Costa Rican post card. Tremendous staff and security, secure parking, beautiful and fantastic don't describe this place.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ronalddd2016
Reviewed September 13, 2011

Staying at Pacifico Colonial in Manuel Antonio was the best part of our week long trip to Costa Rica. The property is absolutely magnificent and the staff are polite, friendly, ready to give you recommendations and take service to the next level. The PC's location is perfect. You're only a short, cheap $0.40 bus ride away from the beach and surrounding by amazing restaurants. The villas are beautifully decorated with stain glass windows, large flat screen TV's and enough room to fit a family of 5 very comfortably. I would stay here again and again and again. I can't say enough good things about this place. If you're going to Manuel Antonio you absolutely must stay here. It will be a decision that you won't ever regret and will likely be the highlight of your stay in Costa Rica!

Room Tip: There's not a bad room in the house!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2011

I can't say enough good things about the property, and the property managers Melissa and Christine. After scrutinizing every hotel in Manuel Antonio for the perfect backdrop to ask my girlfriend to marry me, I came across Pacifico Colonial and was sold from the moment I saw it.

At the time of my booking, I had not revealed my special plans to Christine, yet she was very helpful in so many ways - from answering my questions about proximity to the beach, restaurants and activities, to helping me plan each day.

The booking process was very easy - I filled out a rental agreement and gave her my credit card information. She even arranged a customized itinerary for us and had a driver pick us up at the airport in Quepos.

When we arrived at the property, the staff greeted us and helped us to our room. We were amazed to have a beautiful floral arrangement waiting on us, and we were overwhelmed by the stunning views of the Pacific.

The condo was beautiful - we had a 4th floor, 2 bed/2 bath property, accessible by elevator or stairs. At the time of our stay, only one other group was there, so it was like having the place to ourselves!

The kitchen had beautiful granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and all major appliances (washer/dryer with soap, dishwasher, microwave, and a coffee maker).

The wrap around patio was one of my favorites parts of the condo- I loved waking up in the morning and having coffee on the patio overlooking the blue water and the beautiful mountains to the side. There was plenty of furniture and an outdoor table setting as well!

Pacifico is very conveniently located across the street from a wonderful Italian restaurant called Victoria's. We went there several times during our stay because the food was so amazing, and we loved listening to the classical guitar.

We were also able to walk about 5 minutes to a small convenient store/grocery store and pick up plenty of snacks and drinks to store in our refrigerator back at the condo. The store sells wine, beer, etc, which was nice to have out on the patio.

Also of note, about a 5 minute walk in the opposite direction are several ATMs which was convenient as they dispensed US dollars. This was handy as we sometimes got a price break at restaurants by paying in cash instead of by credit card.

We walked over to a restaurant called Salsipuedes for lunch one day - nice views but we thought the food was marginal and overpriced.

As far as activities are concerned, Christine helped us coordinate a hike through Manuel Antonio National Park, as well as snorkel/sail cruise and a full day of deep sea fishing.

Definitely go to the park early in the morning - it gets crowded fast. We went in reverse order to try to avoid the early morning crowd at the front entrance. We were able to see a lot of sloths, toucans, tree frogs, and monkeys. We recommend staying at the beach after your tour. While Pacifico has stunning views, the beach is a long walk or a few minute drive by taxi. Once we got back to Pacifico, we really enjoyed hopping in the infinity pool for a refreshing dip.

The snorkel/sail trip was about what I expected - more or less a commercial booz cruise, but the boat staff was fun and we enjoyed the trip. There were quite a few clouds in the area which reduced visibility in the water, but there did not seem to be a lot of fish to see either way.

The deep-sea fishing trip was something I have dreamed of since I was little. The captain picked us up literally at the front door of Pacifico, and dropped us off at the nice new marina in Quepos. We went 32 miles offshore, which took about 2 hours. After 10 minutes, we hooked a sailfish (too bad he got off), and at the end of a hot day we hooked a mahi mahi, which we had for dinner.

Christine helped me flawlessly plan the most important event of my week, and arguably of my life - a romantic evening with my girlfriend. She arranged for a private chef to come into our condo, cook dinner for us (including my freshly-caught mahi) and serve us on the patio overlooking the Pacific at sunset.

This was the perfect moment and backdrop I had been looking for...that night I asked my girlfriend to marry me. The chef was so patient to serve us and he even took pictures right after she said yes! While it was hard to eat with all of the emotions and excitement, the food was wonderful! We boxed our leftovers, put it in the fridge and enjoyed several more meals out of it!

We capped off the night by using free wifi in our condo with Skype on my iphone to call our families in the U.S. 2.3 cents a minute is hard to beat!

The only negatives during our stay were there were a few ants and bugs, which is to be expected in Costa Rica; the bedrooms fans did not work, and the beds were not the most comfortable I have slept on, but they sufficed. We could have used a few more towels during tour stay (due trips to the pool, beach, etc) but made do with what we had. None of these issues detracted from our stay.

I couldn't have asked for a better experience from Pacifico. We definitely look forward to coming back again, as a “homecoming” of sorts, to re-iive our engagement!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank uncgradincharlotte
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We (2 couples - college roommates) stayed in the penthouse at Pacifico Colonial & it was an amazing place. Great view of the sunsets, very spacious and very secure, with gated parking & a security guard. Christine and Trini are very accomodating and provide great information as to local restaurants, sights to see, and things to do. This was our 3rd time there - we have taken our teenage girls previously ) and we plan on coming back.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2011

The condo we stayed in (on the 1st floor) was spacious and felt very luxurious. It was air-conditioned, had 3 rooms- 2 with king beds and one with 2 doubles, which was just right for our 2 families. There was also a washer-dryer which was very nice to have, and a small pool and sauna on the floor below us. (no hot tub or fitness room) Our minor complaints were that the place didn't have some homey things like a tea-pot, games for the evening, or good cooking utensils and cutting boards; It felt more like a hotel that no-one ever really lived in, however the concierge managed to get us whatever they could when we asked.The concierge was super nice and helpful.
The deck was fabulous, with an overlook of the ocean and the treetops, which was nice when the monkeys came to visit. It had comfy furniture and ceiling fans, and we ended up spending most of our time out there when we weren't out and about. Hearing the jungle sounds at night was really soothing. The location was good if you want to be on the hill, and the bus stop was right outside which made it easy to get to the beach and into town. We found the roads are steep, narrow and slightly treacherous all around Costa RIca, and were happy to unload the car when we got to the condo. All the attractions around the area pick you up and bring you back to the front door. Overall we were pretty pampered! If you are looking for a more rugged adventure, look elsewhere, but if you want an easy luxury getaway-this is it.

Room Tip: The bed in the large master suite was a bit hard, but the bathroom was fabulous. The other beds in the other rooms were more sort-of medium.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends