“amazzinnngggg!”
other traveler has booked this property
Top Floor Infinity Edge Pool Top Floor Living Room
Living Room Balcony
Master Bedroom
Yoga Area
Living Room Balcony
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Vanessa M
New Orleans, United States
“amazzinnngggg!”
Reviewed 3 weeks ago for a stay in April 2018

Booked this place for a destination wedding. We had our guests stay here, but we had the actual ceremony at the hotel right down the road on the beach because we wanted to Everything was perfect - from our amazing chef Javier and his daughter who cooked us meals every day - we liked the meals better than the restaurant food that we had when we did eat out at a couple of the nights. Our concierge Susan was sooo incredibly helpful and made our stay stress-free. The maids were awesome - every day they cleaned up after us and made the place spotless. the security and grounds keeper were great too. Everyone was so friendly and easy to work with and be around. Dave, the owner, was really easy to communicate with in the beginning booking process- then he handed me over to Susan - whom all of our guests loved - she helped arrange transportation and excursions, and basically everything and such. We had a wedding planner that was suggested by the staff here - Chelsea - and she was perfect also. My friends and I still cannot stop talking about how amazing this trip was. From the food, to the breathtaking views from the villa, to the friendly staff, to the accommodations, to just the loveliness of Costa Rica in general. Highly recommend.

Armando M
Colton, California
“If you're looking for EXTRAORDINARY, look no further than Vista Hermosa Estate”
Reviewed February 12, 2018 for a stay in January 2018
person found this review helpful

My second visit here and the verdict is...STILL AWESOME! From the incredible views at the home that overlook the beach to the warmth of the locals, you'll be bathed with a sense of serenity. I had a chance to stay with 11 other friends and we made the most of it. We soaked up the local excursions (e.g. parasailing, a catamaran trip, hiking, off-roading in ATV's, visits to the beach, massages, local shopping, etc.) and relaxed, swam and partied at Vista Hermosa. The beautiful vacation home is huge but cozy. Our group would party on the top floor, where there's plenty to do. The top floor has the dining area, infinity pool and bar/dance floor. We spent a lot of time listening to music and lounging in the pool (there's an iPad where you have access to endless music). The home also comes with an incredible chef who cooks with fresh and local ingredients. His dishes were creative and absolutely delicious.

Too much fun to mention but a word of caution, don't overindulge or you'll waste a day in paradise! As the locals say, 'Pura Vida!'

david l
“A MUST visit before you die”
Reviewed August 15, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

If you hate a beautiful house with spectacular views & beaches and don't want to have an amazing vacation, then this place is not for you.

The rooftop has the best panoramic view of Manuel Antonio Beach. Along with the beautiful view, the rooftop also has top notch entertainment; the infinity pool in the middle (perfect place to relax), bar on the left (this where I had the most fun), an ice maker on BOTH sides (super convenient), refrigerators on BOTH sides, TWO restrooms, great sound system, TV's on BOTH sides and a dining area that tops just about everyplace I've EVER been to (including all fancy restaurants). The random visits from the monkeys were very enjoyable, it's something we never get to experience in Southern California or just about anywhere else for that matter. We were lucky to see a sloth on 1 of the days.

The chefs are also very talented and make you feel like a celebrity. Every meal was amazing and their deserts were delicious.

The room we stayed in was also nicer than just about every hotel I've ever stayed at. THE BEST THING ABOUT THE ROOM TO ME WAS THE SHOWER, IT ALSO HAD A BEAUTIFUL VIEW OF THE OCEAN. I don't think I will ever be able to a shower that will top it.

WiFi throughout the entire building was also very helpful and convenient. The yoga area was great, especially for someone like me who loves to exercise. The view from there just made it much more enjoyable.

The private trail to the beach was also very entertaining itself. I mean we were literally in a forest and the walk itself felt like a enjoyable mini hike. One morning after jogging the beach, I walked back up and saw tons of monkeys.

The beach is also beautiful and is now my favorite beach in the world (I live in San Diego and have been to many other beaches in Hawaii). I enjoy surfing and this place is an excellent place to surf and has NO SHARKS (unlike Hawaii & California). Also drinking did not seem to be a problem on the beach, in fact there were some places along the beach that would that would serve you drinks and food. Also many of places offering surfboard rentals and lessons along the beach.

The location of the house is also great one, there are plenty of restaurants that are walking distance or a cheap taxi ride away from.

I could go on forever about this place, but it still does fulfill the full justice of actually staying there.

Michelle...
“PURA VIDA!!!!”
Reviewed July 31, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Where do I begin?
We booked this house on the renderings because the house had not been built. We were looking for a house to accommodate a large group for our wedding. The views of the ocean sold us on Vista Hermosa. It was a great choice. If I had dreamed of the perfect wedding week...I couldn't even come close to the reality we experienced at Vista Hermosa and Costa Rica!

We had an interesting airport experience on arrival. The country lost electrical power for almost 2 hours which shut down immigration. Half of our group made it through and the other half got stuck. By the time we boarded the shuttle to make the 2.5hr drive to Manuel Antonio...it was almost 7pm. Luckily the airport had free wifi so we were able to keep in touch with our concierge, Shiona. She assured us that we would be fine at the house because they have a generator at Vista Hermosa so we would not be affected by the power situation.

We arrived to the house really late. We were greeted by the lovely Shiona. We were all exhausted from a long day of travel but the minute we walked into this gorgeous estate we were like..."Is this real life"? Then we walked upstairs and that view was breathtaking. In the kitchen, chefs, Javier and Karina, were preparing dinner. We were so surprised to see them since we arrived so late. We snacked on the best ceviche I've ever tasted while waiting on steak, lobster and grilled veggies to be served. I wanted to pinch myself! I didn't think it could get any better but I was wrong! Everyday was better than the last! We could walk to the beach, chill at the pool, party at the bar each night and never had to leave Vista Hermosa. It was incredible.

We did two tours that Shiona organized for us. Paddle 9 waterfall tour (amazing) and ADR 10 and 1 zip line tour (just as amazing)! I highly recommend both of these tours.

We were greeted every morning by Chef Javier and his beautiful daughter, Hilary making breakfast, fresh fruit smoothies and Costa Rican coffee. I can't think of a better way to start the day. Chef Javier has an amazing energy and his smile will brighten any day! Every evening Javi and his wife Karina would show up to prepare dinner. All I can say is....WOW!!! Karina is beautiful inside and out and their food is incredible!!! Beyond 5 stars! The plate presentation was gorgeous and the taste of the food was out of this world! Again..."Is this real life"? We loved getting to know the staff. Everyone we encountered had such beautiful energy !

And the wedding.... I put very little time and energy into the wedding. It was a second marriage for both of us so I didn't wasn't a stressful, all day to prepare type of wedding. I kept telling Shiona...I want the wedding to be super low-key. I think she was apprehensive because a lot of people say that but expect more. We were serious and she helped us pull off the most beautiful, low-key ceremony ever imagined. I couldn't have asked for anything better! We got a bartender, Ricardo and server, Karla to help with dinner and drinks. Second best decision ever behind doing this trip. Ricardo gave us the most heartfelt toast at the end of the night. One of my favorite moments of the day was when Despacito was played .... Karla and Rico came out on the dance floor and were teaching us how to salsa dance. It was magical!

Our entire group kept saying...this was the trip of a lifetime and I agree!
We can't wait to come back!

I also want to give a shout out to Don, the property manager, for being fantastic to work with.
PURA VIDA!!

Aug 2, 2017
Hi Michelle, Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. Our staff strives to be the best. From your details in this review, it seems they knocked it out of the park. Awesome to hear that after a long frustrating travel day, you arrived and completely forgot about it. Congratulations on your wedding. We hope that your vacation was enjoyable enough to stay with us again in the future. The Vista Hermosa Team.
Jayme P
“Trip of a life time!”
Reviewed July 30, 2017 for a stay in July 2017

The Vista Hermosa Estate was amazing. The concierge Shiona was the first person we met. She met us with open arms and helped us with anything we needed. Then Javi and Karina (chefs) were hands down 5 star and above. They always have a smile on there faces. Every morning we got to wake up to a view that was just breath taking. Not only are you close to the beach, but you get to see and hear all the animals in the rain forest as well. I can not wait to go back and visit. Pura Vida!

Aug 2, 2017
Hi Jayme, we are thrilled that you and your guests fully enjoyed your stay and have taken in the Pura Vida experience at Vista Hermosa. Thank you for your review. We would love to host your group again on a future vacation. The Vista Hermosa Team.
A TripAdvisor Member
“Vista Hermosa proved to be everything we had hoped for.”
Reviewed May 1, 2017 for a stay in April 2017

The views from the top floor were incredible with a close walk on a nice path to a quiet beach with regular surf. Our group of 3 families (12 total) fit easily with several unused rooms/apts. Would be ideal up to 20 without much trouble. Javier and Karina, the chefs, were one of the highlights of our trip and became part of the family by the end of the week. Shiona perfectly helped us plan events, tours, transportation including serving as our guide to the farmer's market. Everyone was a pleasure to work with and the house was as grand and elegant as seen in the pictures. I would book this again without hesitation and recommend to anyone. Pure Vida!

May 14, 2017
Thank you for taking the time to generate such a positive review of your experience staying at our new Vista Hermosa Estate. Sounds like everyone had a terrific time and we appreciate your recommendation to our future guests.

Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Best regards,

The Vista Hermosa Team
Soulrx
“Excellent destination wedding venue!”
Reviewed April 29, 2017 for a stay in February 2017

Stayed here with a group of 24 for our destination wedding for one week and had a great stay from start to finish! The house was amazing and everyone had a wonderful time. The house comes with top of the line amenities, an awesome view, and a private trail to the beach below filled with sights of monkeys and toucans. The chef and his team were exquisite and made it super easy to select the menu for the next day. Every meal was absolutely delicious that there was no need to go out to eat. The entire house staff were super friendly and helpful throughout our stay. If you are thinking about hosting a destination wedding in Manuel Antonio, Vista Hermosa was the perfect place for a group of our size and came with its own sound system and party lights. Overall, we had an excellent time and members from our group are already talking about returning.

May 3, 2017
Greetings,

We were thrilled and delighted to play a small role in your special day by hosting your wedding. Your group seemed to thoroughly enjoy the Villa and especially our wonderful Chef team of Javier and Karina, along with the rest of our staff.

We do hope that you and your friends return which could be next year on your 1st year anniversary..

Thank you for staying with us and congratulation on the wedding.

The Vista Hermosa Team,
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing