Problems and annoyances are so numerous at this place I will just mention a few points.
1) Hostelbookers reservation somehow got lost, we had to take a more expensive room with aircon.
2) Don't take aircon. It's loud as an airplane starting.
3) The rooms are only superficially clean, bugs and ants galore!
4) The public shower literally fell apart when I barely touched it.
5) Rooms look like prison cells. Many have no window.
6) Far away from the beach. Far away from the naional park.
7) "Breakfast" means pancakes and coffee. Teabags are also provided. No water-heater, though. No maple syrup. What did you expect? Served from 7 to 9.
8) 7:20, no breakfast. We ask how it works. Staff is annoyed. "Pura Vida", they won't be hurried. 10 minutes later, pancakes enough for 3 people. There are five guests, we ask for more. "We will be very, very fast." Oh, irony, wonderful! 8 o'clock, no new pancakes have surfaced.
9) Don't ask for them at 8:50, because then it will be too late.
This place is a dump. Overpriced, unfriendly, inconvenientyl located. Many better options in town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All our rooms have shared bathrooms with hot water and are equipped with fans. We have a private trail to one of the best views of the sunset over the beach. There is a communal entertainment room with cable TV, DVD-Player, over 80 DVDs, Play Station and a stereo. We keep a clean kitchen with new amenities for everyone to use. We also offer our customers free high speed internet, free parking, free tour information, all-night security guard, laundry service, no curfew, snacks and beverages for sale and a 24-hour Check-in. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Backpackers Manuel Antonio reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers Manuel Antonio Hotel Manuel Antonio National Park
- Backpackers Manuel Antonio Costa Rica/Manuel Antonio National Park