Review Highlights
Incredible Deep Sea Fishing Trip!

We had an amazing day of fishing with Miguel and his crew! We caught mahi-mahi and several... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
DHump5
via mobile
Great Fishing Trip with Miguel and Marlon

Two of us spent a morning recently fishing with Miguel and Marlon during our first visit to Santa... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
andy20162016
Chicago, Illinois

All reviews his brother mahi mahi fishing trip sashimi tortuga island deep sea fishing rooster fish these guys nicoya peninsula costa rica day trip fishing village via email atv waterfall tour yellow tail speaks perfect english fresh fruit
Reviewed April 7, 2015

My husband and I have been travelling for 3 months across Latin America, and therefore undertaken many tours during our travels. Over this time I've learnt it's the guide that makes the tour, and I would say Miguel was one of the best guides of our whole trip. I can wholehearted recommend Miguel and also Pacific Dirt Road Adventures who we booked our ATV tour with. As a local Miguel is very knowledgable about the area and as a result took us to some less touristy places off the beaten track. If you're taking an ATV tour be sure to take plenty of water and something to cover your nose and mouth as it's very dusty.

Date of experience: April 2015
Reviewed April 6, 2015

Miguel took my boyfriend and I on a fishing trip while we were staying in Playa Hermosa. We were very lucky and caught a tuna almost immediately. We then headed off to catch a fish closer to the shore then the fishing became really exciting. We threw out the line and pulled it back with hundreds of fish chasing it beneath the surface. With our adrenaline pumping we were thrilled to catch several Jacks and the beautiful Rooster fish. Miguel was a fantastic captain and took us to all the best places. He gave us delicious pineapple on the boat and when we landed he filleted the tuna, made some sashimi to eat there and then - yummy! - and the rest we took home for our supper. I would recommend this trip to anyone. It was one of our favourite mornings in Costa Rica. Thank you Miguel!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Lorna L
Reviewed March 15, 2015

Miguel took our family on a fantastic day trip while we were staying in Santa Teresa! We had a fun filled day starting at the Mal Pais zip line (INCREDIBLE), then we traveled to the waterfall in Montezuma. Miguel took us on the back roads to save time and for another adventure. The waterfall was great - we hiked and swam and enjoyed the setting. After checking out the quaint town of Montezuma and wonderful lunch of cassadas at a great soda on the waterfront, Miguel took us back to Mal Pais.

Miguel is a very responsible, charming and personable guide. His English is perfect and he explained everything to us along the way.

I plan on using Miguel as a surf guide on future trips and would HIGHLY recommend using Miguel as a guide. Pura vida!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank andymccraw
Reviewed February 18, 2015

Miguel was an excellent surf instructor for me and four of my friends during a trip in February 2015. He came highly recommended from the owner of the house we were renting from and lived up to expectations. He met us in the morning at our place and had us follow him to a beach with slow breaking waves that were great for learning. After a quick lesson on the sand, we all got in the water. Miguel was very professional and patient in helping everyone learn how to surf.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank CPfromDC
Reviewed January 30, 2015

Professional, knowledgeable, personable and kind. These are a few adjectives I would use to describe Miguel and his staff. I was in Costa Rica with a group of 19 other people who all felt the same. Miguel was our tour guide for horseback riding and a hike through Cabo Blanco Park and he helped make our trip to the Nicoya Peninsula a great experience. I highly recommend him.

Date of experience: January 2015