Review Highlights
Great fishing tour!

The family and I went out for a 3hr tour. Halfway through we only caught a Green Jack and used it... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
Dave D
via mobile
Amazing ATV tour to Montezuma Waterfalls and Canopy Zip Line tour!

Miguel helped us find the perfect tour for our time in Santa Teresa. He described a few options for... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
mcdangel
Toronto, Canada

All reviews his brother yellowfin tuna tortuga island fishing trip rooster fish day trip costa rica nicoya peninsula these guys fishing village deep sea fishing via email atv waterfall tour yellow tail great fishing speaks perfect english fresh fruit
Reviewed April 6, 2015

Miguel took my boyfriend and I on a fishing trip while we were staying in Playa Hermosa. We were very lucky and caught a tuna almost immediately. We then headed off to catch a fish closer to the shore then the fishing became really exciting. We threw out the line and pulled it back with hundreds of fish chasing it beneath the surface. With our adrenaline pumping we were thrilled to catch several Jacks and the beautiful Rooster fish. Miguel was a fantastic captain and took us to all the best places. He gave us delicious pineapple on the boat and when we landed he filleted the tuna, made some sashimi to eat there and then - yummy! - and the rest we took home for our supper. I would recommend this trip to anyone. It was one of our favourite mornings in Costa Rica. Thank you Miguel!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank Lorna L
Reviewed March 15, 2015

Miguel took our family on a fantastic day trip while we were staying in Santa Teresa! We had a fun filled day starting at the Mal Pais zip line (INCREDIBLE), then we traveled to the waterfall in Montezuma. Miguel took us on the back roads to save time and for another adventure. The waterfall was great - we hiked and swam and enjoyed the setting. After checking out the quaint town of Montezuma and wonderful lunch of cassadas at a great soda on the waterfront, Miguel took us back to Mal Pais.

Miguel is a very responsible, charming and personable guide. His English is perfect and he explained everything to us along the way.

I plan on using Miguel as a surf guide on future trips and would HIGHLY recommend using Miguel as a guide. Pura vida!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank andymccraw
Reviewed February 18, 2015

Miguel was an excellent surf instructor for me and four of my friends during a trip in February 2015. He came highly recommended from the owner of the house we were renting from and lived up to expectations. He met us in the morning at our place and had us follow him to a beach with slow breaking waves that were great for learning. After a quick lesson on the sand, we all got in the water. Miguel was very professional and patient in helping everyone learn how to surf.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank CPfromDC
Reviewed January 30, 2015

Professional, knowledgeable, personable and kind. These are a few adjectives I would use to describe Miguel and his staff. I was in Costa Rica with a group of 19 other people who all felt the same. Miguel was our tour guide for horseback riding and a hike through Cabo Blanco Park and he helped make our trip to the Nicoya Peninsula a great experience. I highly recommend him.

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank PegD65
Reviewed January 28, 2015

The only regret we have about Tropical Tours was that we didn't meet Miguel earlier in our trip. He is a charming young man with perfect English and an earnest, professional approach to his business. We are very occasional fishermen who went out on a lark, but we ended up enjoying our day fishing with him so much that we invited Miguel and his girlfriend Karen (equally charming) to join us for dinner. We had some of the fish we'd caught prepared by our hotel's chef. While enjoying the bounty of our day we learned more about the area and it's history.

Miguel is a true local, from a family that has produced three generations of fishermen, who loves to share his knowledge of Costa Rica without ever being overbearing or pushy. I wish we'd had the time left in our vacation to go on a hike with him. I have no doubt that it would have been an equally enjoyable outing.

Do yourself a favor by catching up with Tropical Tours early in your trip. They offer a wide array of outings (ATV, horseback, fishing, surfing, hiking...) each tailored to your schedule / needs.

Date of experience: December 2014