Review Highlights
Incredible Deep Sea Fishing Trip!

We had an amazing day of fishing with Miguel and his crew! We caught mahi-mahi and several... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
DHump5
via mobile
Great Fishing Trip with Miguel and Marlon

Two of us spent a morning recently fishing with Miguel and Marlon during our first visit to Santa... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
andy20162016
Chicago, Illinois

All reviews his brother mahi mahi fishing trip sashimi tortuga island deep sea fishing rooster fish these guys nicoya peninsula costa rica day trip fishing village via email atv waterfall tour yellow tail speaks perfect english fresh fruit
Reviewed March 15, 2015

Miguel took our family on a fantastic day trip while we were staying in Santa Teresa! We had a fun filled day starting at the Mal Pais zip line (INCREDIBLE), then we traveled to the waterfall in Montezuma. Miguel took us on the back roads to save time and for another adventure. The waterfall was great - we hiked and swam and enjoyed the setting. After checking out the quaint town of Montezuma and wonderful lunch of cassadas at a great soda on the waterfront, Miguel took us back to Mal Pais.

Miguel is a very responsible, charming and personable guide. His English is perfect and he explained everything to us along the way.

I plan on using Miguel as a surf guide on future trips and would HIGHLY recommend using Miguel as a guide. Pura vida!

Date of experience: March 2015
1  Thank andymccraw
Reviewed February 18, 2015

Miguel was an excellent surf instructor for me and four of my friends during a trip in February 2015. He came highly recommended from the owner of the house we were renting from and lived up to expectations. He met us in the morning at our place and had us follow him to a beach with slow breaking waves that were great for learning. After a quick lesson on the sand, we all got in the water. Miguel was very professional and patient in helping everyone learn how to surf.

Date of experience: February 2015
1  Thank CPfromDC
Reviewed January 30, 2015

Professional, knowledgeable, personable and kind. These are a few adjectives I would use to describe Miguel and his staff. I was in Costa Rica with a group of 19 other people who all felt the same. Miguel was our tour guide for horseback riding and a hike through Cabo Blanco Park and he helped make our trip to the Nicoya Peninsula a great experience. I highly recommend him.

Date of experience: January 2015
1  Thank PegD65
Reviewed January 28, 2015

The only regret we have about Tropical Tours was that we didn't meet Miguel earlier in our trip. He is a charming young man with perfect English and an earnest, professional approach to his business. We are very occasional fishermen who went out on a lark, but we ended up enjoying our day fishing with him so much that we invited Miguel and his girlfriend Karen (equally charming) to join us for dinner. We had some of the fish we'd caught prepared by our hotel's chef. While enjoying the bounty of our day we learned more about the area and it's history.

Miguel is a true local, from a family that has produced three generations of fishermen, who loves to share his knowledge of Costa Rica without ever being overbearing or pushy. I wish we'd had the time left in our vacation to go on a hike with him. I have no doubt that it would have been an equally enjoyable outing.

Do yourself a favor by catching up with Tropical Tours early in your trip. They offer a wide array of outings (ATV, horseback, fishing, surfing, hiking...) each tailored to your schedule / needs.

Date of experience: December 2014
Reviewed January 14, 2015

My wife Julia and I went on a fishing tour with Miguel and his brother several weeks ago. Our experience was great. The crew was very punctual. they were waiting for us on the shore when we arrived. Getting the boat in the water took only minutes. The see was a little rough that morning but that didn't affect the quality of fishing. in fact, it made the ride to the fishing spot exciting and fun. We caught several Mahi Mahi and a small tuna. Every time the fish hit the boat, the captain cleaned it to make sure the vessel remained spotless. After the fishing was over, we were taken to the spot where the underwater volcano releases its gas. My wife and I jumped in and enjoyed the natural "Jacuzzi". Back on the shore Miguel prepared sashimi for us using the fresh caught bonito tuna. It was great. We were offered the fish we caught, but declined that as we were leaving that morning to continue our journey. Overall it was one of the highlights of our trip.

Date of experience: December 2014