Hotel Oasis
Blue Jay Lodge(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$42
$39
  • Breakfast included
Hotel The Place(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$115
$112
Vista Naranja Ocean View House(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$59
Indigo Yoga Surf Resort(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$64
Cabinas Playa(Mal Pais)
$50
Hotel Moana(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$82
$77
Star Mountain Jungle Lodge(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$85
Zeneidas Surf Garden(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$35
$325
$315
Orbitz.com
Hotel Vista de Olas(Mal Pais)(Great Value!)
$220
$176
  • Breakfast included
All reviewssanta teresacosta ricaplaya carmenplace to staybeautiful tropicalrooms are cleanclamskitchenettepoolbeachesmalpaiscabinassquirrels
Reviewed May 29, 2011

Minutes from the beach, this isn't really a hotel, more like a collection of cottages. Each of the 4 cottages had beds for 4 people, kitchen, bathroom and balcony. They were all centred around a pool.

the service here was wonderful. It is very clear that Marianne and Haim love this place and it is their home. They work to ensure you have everything you need and they are very accommodating. Each day my villa was cleaned and the dishes washed and put away. It was wonderful to have a kitchen to make meals.

Less than 5 minutes was the centre of Santa Teresa with the shops and restaurants. Oh, and did I forget to mention the beach... definitely one of the best beaches I have ever seen. It is natural and wide and very open. One day I had about 100 metres of beach to myself for the entire day. The sunsets are unforgettable.

Enough about the beach, more about the hotel - it was a wonderful experience and a very good value. If you are a group of 2, 3 or 4 people you must consider this wonderful place for your stay in Santa Teresa/Mal Pais. It is only dollars more than a hostel, but it is truly an oasis!

Oh, and there is WiFi and cable tv in each villa!

Room Tip: they are all great!
  • Stayed: March 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott W
Reviewed May 19, 2011

I could have stayed anywhere in Mal Pais but from now on my choice will be “Hotel Oasis”. I was greeted with a big “welcome” smile. My room was clean and comfortable. The location is great with the beach across the street and everything else I needed just down the street. I came back to my room in the afternoon to find my bed made and clean towels every day. You can tell they take pride in their service are very helpful in getting you relaxed and comfortable. I saw that they had added a beautiful wood deck expanding the pool area. I plan on coming back soon and when I do I will be staying at the “Hotel Oasis”.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 10, 2011

We have stayed here four times. With and without kids, with groups of other families (one year we took over the whole place), and have recommended it to friends on their honeymoon. Marianne and Haim are fantastic, the staff is friendly, the place is always clean and accomidating, and surf lessons with Haim were great. The prices are the most reasonable in the area - especially for what you get. Your own kitchen, taxi and reservation assistance, maid service, laundry on site, and a pool.

We highly recommend the Oasis and wouldn't stay anywhere else in Mal Pais or Santa Teresa.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed January 15, 2011

Iv been to the Oasis in mal paid 3 times now and will be returning again. I had a huge trip booked across all of central America and in less then one week I canceled all plans called Marianne (the owner and most resourcful women ever) and said I'm in Guatemala and I want to be at the oasis.. Within 2 days I had a plane, a room , a car, and dinner reservations with one phone call Marianne took care of everything. The Oasis is just outside of playa Carmen which gives you the option to head to bed or to town. Anytime I have ever had amy problem Marianne and her husband Haim drop everything and fix immediately. They are two fantastic people with an awesome hotel.. I will continue tO come for years to come..

• Stayed: January 2011
1  Thank schrammryan
Reviewed October 5, 2010

went to costa rica on a surf trip with some friends and we had the chance to stay at oasis in mal pais. haim the owner was amazing giving as tips where to surf and when.
Accommodations are very comfortable, kitchen, Free WI-FI, Cable TV at a very affordable price, We had a great time

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends