Tripadvisor
Mal Pais
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews atv tour swim up bar infinity pool zip lining the owner open to the public costa rica every morning two sons in town outdoor bathroom my boyfriend laid back montezuma waterfalls our honeymoon surf lessons beautiful sunset
Selected filters
Reviewed January 16, 2020

Where do I start?! My boyfriend and I stayed 5 days at Vista and it was everything I wanted and more! the city is just a few minutes away and the staff is wonderful. Our villa was cute, clean, and super accessible from the parking area. Roger (the owner) is super friendly along with his wife and two sons. Heidi (owner/wife) is hilarious and their son Mikey was a great guide and super helpful whenever my boyfriend and I needed anything. After we left Vista de las Olas, we stayed at a different hotel in a different city but it did not compare to Vista!! This is hands down the prettiest view and best service i’ve received at a hotel. Words can’t describe how amazing my visit was to Costa Rica because of this place. 100% going back!

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 12, 2020 via mobile

This place was incredible!! They accommodated a huge group of us and honestly the service was amazing! The owner’s two son’s were on it! Super friendly and welcoming. The food was absolutely fresh and delicious. Such a rad spot with a sick ass view. Can’t wait to visit again.

Date of stay: January 2020
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed December 23, 2019

My boyfriend and I stayed at Vista de Olas for 3 nights while on vacation in Costa Rica. Great experience! We enjoyed our villa - it was clean and had great amenities such as a nice secluded balcony and an outdoor shower. The resort has lovely views accompanied with a pool and swim-up bar which we watched the sunset from each night. We also enjoyed the breakfast every morning overlooking the water. The staff was very friendly, definitely made us feel like family during our stay. Roger and his son were able to offer recommendations of things to do in the area and restaurants to eat. Cannot wait to go back!

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 1, 2019

This was a TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE. I don't even know where to start. Heidi, THE OWNER (as well as the other two guys working that day) WAS SO HIGH/DRUNK. They WERE TERRIBLE RUDE, they where making us and the other guests VERY UNCOMFORTABLE throughout by their behaviour. (looking at reviews now this seems to have been going on since at least 2017). Heidi was overstepping boundaries over and over again - she was making fun of the chinese tourist that was there, she was pulling a young girl toward the pool to take a photo, even if the girl clearly said no with both her body and voice. She grabbed a small child and held her upside down over the pool. And these examples goes on and on.

The view is nice, but I WOULDN'T GO BACK cause the rest of the experience was so bad!
Sad on such a beautiful spot.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed November 27, 2019

The views from the infinity pool were so beautiful! The family that owns the hotel were nothing but helpful and friendly! It is a little hard to get to but once you are there you never want to leave!

We cant wait to come back! November is a great time to visit as well not very crowded and it only rained at night time!

Date of stay: November 2019