“Absolutely Amazing”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Indian Harbour Beach, Florida
“Absolutely Amazing”
Reviewed March 6, 2014

Vista de Olas was an amazing experience. The hospitality and friendliness of Roger and Heidi, their awesome sons, and a caring staff only contributed to the beauty of the resort. They went out of their way to make sure we got to experience all Mal Pais had to offer (horseback riding, ATVs, waterfalls, ziplining, etc). And the view of the sunset from the resort pool was one of the most spectacular sights I've seen. Our villa was beautiful, clean, and spacious with good AC. Admittedly, I was not looking forward to the outside showers (although private), but showering under the beautiful night sky full of so many stars was something I will never forget. Absolutely amazing. The entire experience was wonderful, ...except....maybe the driveway. It can be a bit of a challenge to get up to the top if you're not in a 4WD vehicle. But to end on a high note, the morning chef, Diego, made the best breakfast potatoes I've ever eaten in my life.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Vista was above any expectations I could have ever had.
We booked with a coupon from " Living Social" so I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into.
The setting is so beautiful you can't put it into words.
The staff was so kind, friendly, caring and helpful with the surrounding area spots to visit.

I can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: There are only 5 villas and we stayed in Villa #2, Roger gave us the history of this location and I...
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed February 28, 2014

Five star resorts have nothing on V de O. It is so beautiful. The pool is perfect, the villas are clean, and showering under the stars is an experience I will never forget. The staff seem genuinely interested in making sure we had everything we needed. I loved it with my entire being.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Polson, Montana
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I read those negative reviews and was skeptical...it turns out that Roger and Heidi were the perfect hosts. They went out of their way to make sure we were having a good time. The property is outstanding...the staff is exceptional...the driveway is...well, unforgettable. We used the Living Social package and were never made to feel like second class guests. Upon check-out, there were no surprises...everything was as we were lead to expect. We could not have been happier with the entire experience...except maybe for the driveway!!!

Savannah, Georgia
Reviewed February 26, 2014

My husband and I bought this vacation and looked forward to it for almost a year and we were definitely not disappointed! We loved every second of our stay and wished we could have stayed longer. Roger, Heidi and all the employees were wonderful and helped with anything that was asked for. The view was so amazing that everyone still asks if the pictures are real. Wish we could have brought our dogs and stayed forever!

Scottsdale, Arizona
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Roger and Heidi together with their two sons have created Paradise In Mal Pais. From check in until check out they and their staff did everything they could to make our vacation an amazing one. The resort is small and quaint. It is very special that within a few days the guests know each other on a first name basis.

I love the poolside happy hour and watching the sunset. It was the best pool party I have every been to.

I will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Seattle
Reviewed February 24, 2014

We loved our stay at Vista de Olas. Our little cabana was luxurious, just beautiful. Sunset at the Rancho, where breakfast and drinks are served, and the view from the infinity pool of the endless beaches was breathtaking. Roger and Heidi were fun, knowledgable, and warmly welcoming. They clearly love their life and their work. The other staff were sweet and accommodating. We bought this on a Living Social coupon, which came with even more than we expected. We are a same sex couple and found ourselves comfortable and happy.

We'd love to go back and can heart-ily recommend Vista de Olas and Mal Pais.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Mal Pais
#6 of 9 in Mal Pais
Indigo Yoga Surf Resort
Indigo Yoga Surf Resort
#7 of 9 in Mal Pais

Been to Hotel Vista de Olas? Share your experiences!