Just back from 9 days/nights at Casa Chameleon in Villa Vista and everything people say here (perfection, blah-blah-blah) remains true. We loved virtually every second of our stay. “Virtually,” because:
1. They’re building 2 new villas and though management genuinely seems to be trying to ensure the noise and disruption is kept to a minimum, construction is construction. It was sometimes noisy from 7 a.m. through 7 or 8 at night; we could hear construction workers talking, in addition to machinery, etc. It’s most apparent from Villa Vista, closest to the construction. If you’re staying at CC over the next several months, I’d ask about construction.
2. Around the bar and pool, the music is dreadful and too loud. I know, it’s all subjective, but we chatted with the other 6 people there when we were, and every single person had the same complaint. The joy of CC is hearing the palms in the wind, the birds, the howler monkeys and crashing waves in the distance. So the music was especially intrusive. If people want music they can use their iPods.
3. Again, subjective: We thought the bed was really uncomfortable.
Despite these 3 caveats we LOVED our stay.
Lastly, as a gay couple we were made to feel welcome by everyone who works at CC. Jessica, Oscar, Alonzo - all fabulous people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Chosen as one of the "Best 101 Hotels in the World" by Conde Nast Publications' Tatler Travel Guide, Casa Chameleon hotel Mal Pais is a favorite with honeymooners and couples looking to relax and unwind in an enchanted adult only environment. Casa Chameleon is vacation as it should be: a warm welcome, rich privacy, authentic experiences, and endless adventure. Regardless of which Casa Chameleon Hotel you find yourself enjoying, you can count on handcrafted cultural experiences and endless adventure. At each Casa Chameleon property, it is our priority to help you slip seamlessly into the best of local tradition and cuisine-from cooking fresh-caught seafood side by side with our in-house chefs to paddling the coastline to sipping a nightcap in your private pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Casa Chameleon Hotel Mal Pais reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Chameleon Mal Pais
- Casa Chameleon Hotel Mal Pais Costa Rica