“Best view ever for a restaurant”
Review of Las Caracolas

Las Caracolas
Ranked #2 of 18 Restaurants in Mal Pais
Cuisines: Costa Rican
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed March 27, 2013

We absolutely loved the location. We found the place accidentally and stayed for a lovely lunch. It had a beautiful vista with good food. The prices were inline with other restaurants in the area. The margarita was tipico for costa rica, but not for me - too much lemon and no grenadine. The service was very good and everyone was very nice to us. This place is worth wandering over and visiting.

There are newer reviews for Las Caracolas

Reviewed March 9, 2013

Great spot right on the beach. Watch the waves rollin while having a great meal. Friendly service. The owners a relaxed and always willing to make you comfortable.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

While I like to try as many restaurants as possible when I am in the Mal Pais/Santa Teresa area, I know that I am going to get a great meal at Caracolas. This and the convenient location makes it hard for me, after a long day, to want to travel up the road to Santa Teresa to try my luck somewhere else. There are many good restaurants in the area, but this is one of my favorites.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I could have eaten here every night if I wasn't staying in Santa Teresa. Beautiful layout. The sunsets made it even more spectacular.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

The view at this restaurant is beautiful. We came here because of the reviews on tripadvisor. We visited only once for lunch and did not know what to order as the menu is all in spanish. Most of the restaurants in the area have translations on one side. We had dry sandwiches, the sandwiches did not have any sauce on them.