“Living in paradise”

Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Leigh G
New York City, New York
“Living in paradise”
Reviewed April 7, 2018 for a stay in March 2018

On our first visit to Casa Blanca in 2011, we felt as if we had stumbled into paradise, perched above the ocean to capture Pacific breezes and postcard views, and perfectly chic in its concrete- and glass-constructed simplicity. Seven years later, that initial sense of discovering paradise has not diminished. Quite the contrary. Every time we return, the property is even more spectacular as the landscaping grows more lush with hibiscus, bougainvillea, and seemingly dozens of varieties of succulents. And if your timing is right, you can even eat bananas right off the trees. Just as noteworthy is how well-tended the whole property is: the house, the pool, the outdoor living areas are all in excellent condition, thanks to Davie and Lizbeth, the absolutely incredible caretakers of the villa. Casa Blanca feels like a home with a history, not an anonymous rental house.

Days at Casa Blanca start with the sun rising over the jungle, hearing the birds and maybe the howler monkeys. Padding down the concrete stairs to slide open the front wall of glass and let the dawn air in, make the coffee, and greet Bruno after his long night's work. Bruno is the house dog and about as endearing as they come. Whatever happens after coffee—a hike/run in the hills behind the house, a trip to the beach, an excursion to Cabo Blanco, or just an ATV run into town for another watermelon and some more beer to supplement the pool-time snacks—it’s imperative to be home in time for sunset. The view from the upper deck is utterly breathtaking and not to be missed.

Things to know: the bedrooms are all well-proportioned, air-conditioned, and have very comfortable beds. The master bath is ensuite, with a large walk-in shower, double sinks, and a view of the jungle that’s hard to believe. The second full bath is situated between the jungle view and ocean view bedrooms and is easily sharable—also with a large shower and double sinks. Downstairs, accessible from the fourth bedroom and from the patio, is a half bath. There is an outdoor shower just outside this bath, and another outdoor shower upstairs outside the master. The kitchen is stocked for people who like to cook—high quality pots, pans and appliances. (We put the juicer and the blender to good use daily.) Be sure to take advantage of the jungle swing in mid-afternoon. It offers some welcome shade as you nap or stare into the hills. And I probably don’t need to say that the pool is glorious, but the pool IS glorious—always the right temperature whatever the time of day. The road to get up to Casa Blanca requires 4WD and is private and remote, but still just a short drive to town. We find that ATV’s are the way to go, and super fun.

And one more thing… in addition to being wonderful hosts, Davie and Lizbeth are fantastic cooks, and will prepare and serve lovely meals. We choose to stay home for dinner almost every night—they’re that good, and there’s nowhere else I’d rather be.

Apr 9, 2018
We are glad we were able to help you with all your plans. We hope you have a wonderful trip and we hope to have you back very soon. All the best, Team Casa Blanca
mikeraini...
Grand Forks, North Dakota
“It was much more fun and relaxing than I thought it would be...”
Reviewed March 26, 2018 for a stay in February 2017

First, let me clarify that everything I'd been briefed on about Costa Rica and Casa Blanca was top-notch, so I was expecting to have a great time from the git-go. Upon arriving and spending just one day there I was so unbelievably relaxed and in a state of bliss that I'd never experienced before. The people of Costa Rica are very polite, accommodating, and it's a very safe and clean country. It really feels like paradise on Earth. The food options are extensive and affordable, and are only about a 5-10 minute drive away. Much of the ingredients are grown in gardens (in some cases) directly adjacent to the restaurant. You just can't make that up !!! I did not have one bad meal there and the seafood and vegetables are as fresh as it gets. Casa Blanca is amazing. I'm from North Dakota and have been working in the excavation(earth-moving) business for over 20 years. The entire structure is concrete, and the craftsmanship is immaculate. It's quite the engineering feat to have a house like this in such a remote location. I can't imagine the logistics and manpower needed to get that job done. The scenery, wildlife, and ocean setting is quite surreal. There's no better feeling than getting into the pool when the sun gets hot and watching the sunset on the Pacific Ocean. That was our basic routine every day, and it never gets old. Davie and his wife Lisbeth look after the house and keep the property clean and very accommodating. They are very welcoming, polite, and hard-working people. This was my first trip outside the US(with exception to Canada) and working in weather year-round makes this place a perfect retreat from the long winters in ND. I could go on and on about how great my experience was, but I just want to say - Thank You Michael for letting us stay in your amazing home !!! I'm a definite believer and can't wait to get back there next year ! It's just such a relaxing feeling being there, even the memories bring me to a downright warm state of mind...

Respectfully,

Mike Robinson

Apr 9, 2018
We loved having you and we wish you all the best from Team Casa Blanca. Hurry back soon.
gellitocr...
Concord, California
“Villa casa Blanca, Mal Pais, Puntarenas Costa Rica”
Reviewed March 8, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

From the minute we booked this property we were hooked! Our family has never received such a warm welcome, the minute I booked the trip I received a phone call from owner welcoming us and asking if we needed help with anything to just ask.
Upon arriving, we were greeted by Davie and Lisbeth amazing warm people who quickly became friends to us. They helped with bookings for adventures and got us fresh fish for our diner one night. We wanted for nothing!!!!! Now the home WOW! Pretty much sums up this home, from the views 24/7 to comfort, amazing kitchen and bbq area, that my husband made all our meals in. We had all the comforts of home.
Any one; family and friends should make it a point to rent Michael and Juan’s home, you will not be disappointed!!

Apr 9, 2018
Pura Vida from Casa Blanca. We are so glad we were able to help you with your trip and make it a success. Come back soon. Casa Blanca
JacobTuft
Pahoa, Hawaii
“So glad I found this place!”
Reviewed February 27, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

What an incredible place to stay! I didn't want to leave the house.

To just sit in the open air living room or dining room with expansive views was just what the doctor ordered.

Concierge Davie was a pleasure to meet and arranged massages and snorkling for us.

When we did decide to leave the house, we were greeted by a family of monkeys having their evening meal of flowers and bugs on a tree on the driveway.

If you're a hiker, nearby Cabo Blanco is a must.

While we were there alone, it would be an incredible place for a gathering of a large family or close friends. Every bedroom is really nice, not just the master. There are so many areas to hang out, it would not feel crowded with a large group.

If you're price conscious, don't let the price deter you.....if you split this between 4 couples, its VERY affordable, only $150/night per couple. To have this amount of luxury for such a reasonable amount is a great value.

I'm definitely sending my friends!

Apr 9, 2018
Welcome from Casa Blanca. Thanks for the great review. We look forward to having you back with us again. All the best, Mike
EdsonB401
“Casa Blanca little heaven on earth !”
Reviewed February 20, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This is my second time staying at Casa Blanca. This magical place perched privately on the hill over looking the Coast. The first time we stayed, we took a little plane from the San Jose to Tambor but this time we decided to hire a car and drive. It was me, my partner and a couple of close friends. We rented a car at the San Jose airport which was really easy. Our flight arrived very late but the car rental company was still open. We slept in San Jose and left in the morning after breakfast.
Driving was very straight forward. We took the ferry-boat in Puntarenas to the other side which is Paquera. It was all a very easy process. It takes 2 hours from San Jose to the ferry and one and half on the ferry across the bay. Once you are in the other side , it is a very nice drive till you get to Malpais/Santa Teresa.
We arranged to meet up with Davie (the house guru), to get the keys and re-introduction to the house since the last last time I was there was about 4 years before. When we got to the house. OMG !! We were amazed when the gates opened at we arrived at the Villa. It looks as beautiful as ever. It was like time had not passed. However, as we explored, we enjoyed that there had been some amazing improvements: a beautiful gated entrance and the garden had grown and looked AMAZING.
The house benefits from a lovely living room, nice kitchen, 4 great bedrooms with fantastic views , beautiful pool and wonderful gardens. The place is immaculate, clean, airy, and has beautiful natural light. The rooms all have AC which works very well. The kitchen is very well equipped. Also you can hire the Caretaker, Davie, and his wife Lisbeth to cook for you. They are fantastic! What a meal to enjoy with great drinks. Davie speaks very good english and he is always just a call away! He is very helpful. Anything we needed, he was there to help with a smile. He cooked us a great meal with fresh fish and delicious ceviche.
To end it on the high note!!! OMG! The sunset! It was absolutely BEAUTIFUL each and every evening!!! Casa Blanca is little part of heaven on earth. I am going back there again as soon as possible!!!

Your age range 35-49
Apr 9, 2018
We loved having you with us and we look forward to your return. Pura Vida
Sarah A
“Amazing Villa with Amazing Views”
Reviewed February 18, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

Wow will be the first thing you think upon arrival at Casa Blanca and that is before you witness one of the most spectacular sunsets. On one side of the villa you have a gorgeous view of the Pacific Ocean and on other you have the rainforest with some of Costa Rica’s amazing wildlife.

The villa felt like home during our stay. It provided everything you needed to cook dinners and entertain friends. The property manager and owners were very helpful during our stay. The villa’s location was perfect, it was 10minute drive into the nearest town.

Casa Blanca is the perfect place to escape and relax.

Feb 19, 2018
You're the best! Thanks again for staying with us and we hope you'll come back soon.

Team Casa Blanca
James R
“Was it a dream?”
Reviewed January 31, 2018 for a stay in December 2017

I guess writing this review means that this wasn’t a dream. Casa Blanca is absolute paradise. The large open plan living area, to the infinity pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, the BBQ to the many natural pets you will come across while sunbathing, the incredible views when you wake up and the tranquility of the surrounding jungle. What more can I say, apart from I NEED to go back to paradise. The best house I’ve ever been to - I felt like a prince!

Feb 19, 2018

Team Casa Blanca
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing