WINNER WONDERLAND

The Bakery
Ranked #1 of 1 Dessert in Mal Pais
Cuisines: French, American, Cafe, European
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: The best fresh baked cakes, bread, croisants, bagels and much, much more! Great lunches and dinners, coffees and refreshing drinks.
Bedford, United Kingdom
“The nicest coffee & bakery we're been to (see below)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2014

My wife owns her own upmarket coffee and cake shop in the UK, and our family are official Gourmands of good food.
This is THE BEST coffee and bakery we have been to on our travels around the world. The french toast to divine (try any of the variants they do). The pain aux chocolate and banana swirls are wonderful.
I've been up and down the main road between our house and this place so many times this last week I could do it blind folded (even missing all the pot holes).
Coffee is on par with "Culture Espresso" in Manhattan, and that's saying something!

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

• Hebrew first
Eugene, Oregon, United States
“Service to tourists not so great...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2014

People love this place, hell, I love this place, but overall the service can be very poor. I don't know how many times I sat on the patio during my week long stay in Santa Teresa waiting in excess of 20 minutes to be served while new arriving locals received immediate attention. It is a turnoff. The food is good, a little Americanized for the area in my opinion, but the pastry and coffee are both excellent.

Visited May 2014
Costa Rica
“This place always makes my Santa Teresa vacation a better one”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 13, 2014

Every time I come to Santa Teresa I eat 1-2 meals per day here, because I know it's hard to find a place as good as this one. I'ts healthy, fresh, they have great options for meat lovers or vegetarians, their bread is amazing and the desserts are to die for. The people who work there are very nice and they have pretty fast service. I just wish there was a Bakery near my home!

Visited July 2014
San Diego, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Going to miss this place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014

Great bakery and breakfast with such a nice staff. Best croissant's I've ever had! Going to miss breakfasts here!

Visited June 2014
“EAT HEAR!!! Everything is DELICIOUS!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

I had the plain french toast it was great!!! The pastries were awesome. The coffee was also great. Get here early because the pastries go fast!!! EAT HERE!!!