“great food, great value”

Ritmo Tropical Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Mal Pais
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
“great food, great value”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

Took the kids for dinner, it was tasty pesto steak... mmm good... the kids had fish and veggie foods. the price was the best around as food is expensive in town.... great value, busy, and worth it... highly recommend... i had the pizza a bunch 10 years ago and remember it being deliscous.. plus tico owned and they are super cool and worth supporting. Family business.

• Visited February 2013

Oregon
“Popular place with Ticos & tourists alike!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Ritmo Tropical always seems to be busy with locals and tourists alike, everyone enjoying the reliably good pizza. The wait staff is friendly, and the restaurant, although located on a dusty road, is remarkably clean.

Visited January 2013
mal pais
“PIZZA!!! and drinks!”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

One of my favorite places to eat in Mal Pais! Great pizza and mojitos :) Nice family owned business. In high season it gets busy, so go early or expect a little wait.

• Visited April 2012
Seattle, Washington, United States
“I could go without”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I were staying at the place down the street and wanting to grab a late dinner. Our hotel had recommended it and thought we would give it a chance. I would have rather gone hungry. Let me just say the service is terrible. I've worked as a server before and now I work for a hotel in the states as a catering manager and I have seen some terrible service, but this was the worst. I understand that locals are never in a hurry and are super laid back, however it shouldn't take an hour and a half to get dinner, especially when the restaurant isn't very busy. By the time I got dinner, I wasn't even hungry. Our waitress never came and asked us how our meal was or if we needed anything. I literally had a few bites and was completely full. Their portions are huge; one portion could feed 2-3 people. I had to physically go ask for the bill, while our waitress was no where to be found. She eventually came back to clear our full plates and asked if we liked our food. I responded politely, "by the time it got here, I really wasn't even hungry." She just walked away without saying anything. If you don't mind waiting 2 hours for your food with terrible service, this is the place for you.

• Visited January 2013
Jersey
“Friendly and nice”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

The place was really full, but we didn't wait a long.
The food was nothing special but pretty good, pizza and salads yummy!
The location is reserved and not in the street.
Good parking