“Pizza is sooooo good!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ritmo Tropical Restaurant Pizzeria
Ranked #6 of 18 Restaurants in Mal Pais
Cuisines: Pizza, Italian
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Grand Rapids, MI
“Pizza is sooooo good!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 12, 2012

This place has the best pizza in Mal Pais and Santa Theresa! Great price for a large pizza...fresh ingredients.

Visited February 2012

Vancouver
“The best Mojito's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2012

The pizza is the best. But everything else we ordered was very good too. The salads, pasta, appetizers......it was all deliscious. The mojitos are the best we had in Costa Rica! The service was great too.

• Visited January 2012
Montreal, Canada
“Must go”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2011

I first went there with the recommendation of a travel guide. I was certainly not disappointed. The place is awesome, the rooms are great, rocking pizza, and the best capairihna in Costa Rica. Jonathan who works there is a great guy. I would stay there definitely again.
- Brian

Visited July 2011
elenzl
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“YUMMMY”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 31, 2011

This restaurant was great. The atmosphere is fantastic with open air seating and big, comfortable tables. I had the pizza with smoked fish and capers and it was absolutely phenomenal. The mojitos were the best I've ever had. I would recommend this place for anything from a romantic meal to a fun dinner with friends.

• Visited March 2011
New York City, New York
“surprisingly good pizza”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2010

During my stay in Mal Pais I had of course done my research on Trip Advisor and read good things of Ritmo Tropical. As a New Yorker, my boyfriend and I, of course, have high expectations of what pizza should taste like. We ordered a half Hawaiian, half pepperoni and pineapple and waited I would say... 15 minutes or so. While we waited we ordered two Pina Coladas and were served an appetizer of bread and tuna, which was fabulous considering mayo in Latin American countries usually have a hint of lime that is just perfect. Now, if you want good drinks, this is the place! I'm not quite sure of the cost but regardless, they do not stiff you on liquor to juice ratio! Unlike the Papaya Lounge where I also had a Pina Colda, this drink was anything far from watery and weak but burst of flavor that had my boyfriend a little woozy after a couple of sips.

In addition to the Pizza we decided to order some Pasta w/chicken which was, I am sorry to say, not to my liking at all. We almost felt like we had to force the pasta down. It tasted nothing like italian, which they claim to serve, but more like watery sweet tomato sauce. Service was wonderful and the pizza was great, pasta not so much.