Ritmo Tropical is a great value - approximately $60-$70/night depending on the season. Great location - only a 3 minute walk from surfing at Playa Carmen, but yet just off the main road - so quiet and peaceful. I believe there are only 7 casitas on the property, so the pool area is the perfect spot to relax after surfing or a day of exploring. The restaurant on property is also one of the best in the area. On the negative, the shower water wasn't always "hot" and just expect the basics in your room - no hair dryers or irons. While in the area, our other favorite restaurants included: Brisas Del Mar - by Buenos Aires, simple combo specials at the Playa Carmen hotel - can't beat Ceviche and a beer for $4, Restaurant Chameleon is a great breakfast spot - great fruit smoothies and breakfast burritos. Also, the "Surf Hole" also referred to as the "[---] Hole" is the cheapest place to rent boards - only $5/day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Feel the beat of the nature on one acre tropical gardens. The chant of colorful birds, the sound of the night wild-life and the constant waves of the Pacific Ocean. Let Ritmo Tropical be your host to make your holidays the best you ever had. Come enjoy Costa Rica with us! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Hotel Ritmo Tropical reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritmo Tropical Hotel Mal Pais
- Hotel Ritmo Tropical Costa Rica/Mal Pais