Tripadvisor
Search
Open today: 6:00 AM - 6:00 PM
Review Highlights
Amazing Time!

Had an amazing time learning to surf with Jay this morning. Such a great experience. All of the... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Enc1985
Toronto, Canada
Amazing surfing

We were happy to have surf lessons in this school. Boards are in good condition, groups of people... read more

Reviewed 2 days ago
Ivan5871

Recommended experiences in and around Jaco
from $76.93
from $149.34
ATV Tour in Jaco
190 Reviews
from $53.71
from $135.00
More Info
All reviews these guys great instructor pura vida green water beach chairs cool guy riding waves private lesson boogie boards hour lesson two hours learn how jaco beach learning how first timers his wife an amazing experience
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We booked a three day lesson package with Erly and had lots of fun with our instructor Minor. He was really encouraging and great at working with both of us, my partner and I, who had different levels of experience going in. It was also a bonus that we had the same instructor on all three days so there was nice consistency each time. No time wasted, just lots of waves!!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I'm so happy I found Tico Surf Lessons, one of the best experiences I've had out of the country. The instructors are all friendly but I have to shout out to Jey who took his time and made sure I got the essentials on surfing. Erly the owner picked us up from our hotel right on time and the lessons began immediately. For someone who has never surfed before I had an amazing time and before I knew it I could catch a wave with a little guidance from Jey. I would recommend this place to anyone who wants a intimate experience with learning vs a large class, from what I saw the ratio is 1 teacher to 1 student which is great because we all learn at a different pace. All the instructors seem to be locals who have been surfing their whole lives which makes me feel good about their understanding of the beach.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I'm 16 and I came to Jaco with my mom for a week. I came here because I heard these were the best beaches for surfing. The first day of our trip, we came to the beach and right away Jay greeted us and took us to some chairs under an umbrella. Erly started the surf lesson by showing the group the correct technique out of the water. My instructor in the water was Minor. He taught me how to read the water and I stood up on 90% of the waves I rode. Minor is super friendly, funny, and welcoming to anyone in or out of the water. I liked him so much that I requested him for surf lessons for the rest of the week. I really enjoyed talking with Minor and the whole team to get to know them better too. I strongly recommend you go to Tico Surf Lessons if you want to learn how to ride the best waves! Thank you to the whole team for being so welcoming and for the best pictures! I'll be back soon :)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Josue Diaz was our instructor and he was great! Very patient and very supportive. All of us got up on our boards...the most fun surfing yet!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I took surf lessons from Tico surf in jacó
The instructors were awesome and seem like they really enjoy their job!
My instructor was joshua. Great guy, had an awesome few hours with him
Thanks Tico!