“gotta see this place at night”

Ranked #67 of 171 Restaurants in Jaco
Reviewed January 26, 2013

wonderful views here and good meals are plentiful. go after 8 and you wont be disappointed by the views and ocean sounds

2  Thank josehmcallister
There are newer reviews for Cocal and Casino Dining Area

Reviewed January 15, 2013

It was a wonderful place to sit outside and have a delicious breakfast. The service was great, and it was right on the beach were we sat and watched the waves come in and sometimes even the sunset.

1  Thank Sheila W
Reviewed October 22, 2012

My daughter and I decided to treat ourselves to a nice dinner out on the last evening of her visit.
The dining room was set up nicely and we each decided to have steak; I ordered filet mignon, asked for medium well done ($18 US) and my daughter ordered the T-bone (well done) $20 US.
Mine came as follows: the meat was almost raw, the bacon wrapping was raw, the steak was not
filet mignon, but a small piece cut from a sirloin and smothered in gravy with mushrooms (the menu said pepper sauce but this was like no pepper sauce I had ever sen), the mashed potatoes were overmashed to a starchy liquid, the sauteed vegetables were almost raw. My daughter's plate was similar, except the T-bone was not even close to well done. We both asked for our steaks to be cooked a little more, and they just threw more hot gravy over mine, but did not cook it more, nor did they cook my daughter's to well done. For this we got to pay $50 US (with drinks). What a disappointment - we would never go there again, nor recommend it to anyone else. I have eaten there before and enjoyedit, but this time it was awful. Oh, but it was entertaining watching the gringos arrive and the prostitutes (about a hundred of them), to the bar. It was a real eye opener, I can tell you.

2  Thank jacolady
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I had the fish sticks for lunch. They were very good. The prices are good. But, the girls from the Beatle bar have not taken over the Cocal (Hookers are legal in Costa Rica). So, do not take your wife or girlfriend. Wait to eat here with the guys. It will save you problems with the wife.

Reviewed August 5, 2012

This is a jumping place. It was fun to watch the ladies ply their skill's and sale's pitch. Their type of "work" is all legal in Costa Rica, as most all of Central and South America. I went because this is right on Jaco Beach to watch a great sunset. Food was well prepaired and drinks were splendid. I hit at a great time.. happy hour, 4-6pm. You can also enjoy some live music with your meal and drinks, and not have to shout at each other.

1  Thank coatiman