Our trip to Jaco and our stay at La Paloma Blanca met or exceeded our expectations in nearly every category. The condo, J1, which I encourage any couples to book because you can walk right out of your condo into the pool or ocean and right back in for another drink. No stair climbing or wasted time! The view was spectacular! Condo was clean, updated, and we felt very safe there. It's easy to walk into town on the beach and take a cab back for $2. The only issue with walking is how hot it was in the middle of the day when we were there. You can also rent bikes for $10 a day and this is a great way to get around and see the town! I recommend renting surf boards from Mike a Tortuga surf school that sets up right in front of la Paloma Blanca. Super nice, knowledgeable instructors, and affordable.
Daystar was very helpful and accommodating. Our biggest issue was with the Tortuga Island Tour that we expected to be just like the Daystar catalog described. We were booked to go with bay island cruises, and it was terrible. My understanding is there are some other companies that do the tour so you may have a better experience with them. Just ask questions, don't take everything you read in the catalog at face value. Overall Daystar staff was very helpful and offered wonderful service.
We will definitely be returning!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene beachfront community with 2 and 3-bedroom condo rentals at the pristine south end of Jaco Beach. Four different swimming pools, mature tropical gardens and the quiet beach at your front yard indulge those wanting to be away from the crowds, yet still walking distance of town. All units feature fully equipped kitchens, in-unit laundry rooms, cable TV, telephones and wireless internet. Services include concierge and staffed security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Paloma Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Paloma Blanca Hotel Jaco
- La Paloma Blanca Costa Rica/Jaco