“Our stay in Costa Rica”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Our stay in Costa Rica”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for the month of Jan 2014. My husband I come to escape the winters in the USA. The property is very beautiful and well maintained. Juan Jose was very helpful and friendly. The entire staff was very welcoming. The condo it self was very nice but the kitchen utensils needed very badly to be updated with new ones. The condo is very good location and easy access to the beach. The property has 3 very nice pools. I loved this property the most because it made you feel the culture in the country. I would certainly stay again. This is our 3 trip to Costa Rica.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Alenathibert2014

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2014

My friends and I stayed here when we were visiting Jaco for a music festival. We booked a 3-bedroom condo and loved it.. It was very spacious for the 5 of us, and we enjoyed walking out to the beach to relax or rent a surfboard. We were also glad to be on the south end of the beach... After going out in town or attending the festival, it was nice to have a peaceful, less developed area to retreat to. A taxi could be called and within 5 minutes would be there if we wanted to head into town.. or we walked on the beach (10-15 mins) during the day to grab food - also a great place called The Point right next to Paloma Blanca! We went deep sea fishing and were excited to use the on-site grill next to the pool to grill up some fresh wahoo and mahi mahi! Very happy with the nice, updated unit and the ample space we had!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
Ann Arbor, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

My family and I just got back from a very nice experience in Costa Rica
La Paloma Blanca resort in Jaco beach was a lovely place for our family vacation.
Our 6 nights at the Paloma Blanca in late December were superb and relaxing in every way
Our apartment was on the 3rd floor and had full ocean views which we started enjoying with a magnificent sunset from the balcony upon arrival.
At night we could hear the waves crashing on the shore. The rooms were clean and comfortable.
The location is right outside Jaco and few steps from the beach. Our kids had a great time every day in the beach taking surf lessons and making drip castles (…until they were washed away by the ebb tide which it was the perfect timing to head back to the pool)
The pool in the property was awesome and it was great that they provided us with tool/beach towels to use free of charge.
We loved everything about our stay but perhaps what makes this place excellent is its warm and friendly staff. Juan Carlos the Manager was quite professional, welcoming , always available and helpful during our whole stay.
I had a minor incident on the beach during my early morning run and I had to go to the ER in the nearby hospital. Kenneth,one of the staff members, without hesitation drove with me to the nearby hospital. When he became aware, Juan Carlos also showed up there and while I was waiting to be attended he helped me out during the whole paperwork process.
Lupe from the reservation office was so attentive and accommodating before and during our stay. The activities and tours she recommended (The zip line Canopy tour, the guided tour to Manuel Antonio National park, Volcan Poas, the Coffee Tour....) were wonderful and made our first visit to Costa Rica memorable.
Thanks Daystar Paloma Blanca for one of our most memorable vacations!!
Overall, we had a wonderful time in Costa Rica and I highly recommend La Paloma Blanca.

Juan Carlos, Lupe, ...gracias por todo. Son un equipo fantastico!
Pura Vida!

Room Tip: 3rd and 4th floor views
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2013

My wife and I stayed at La Paloma Blanca for two weeks at the end of December 2013. The place was wonderful. (We had our niece and nephew with us for the first week.) Our 3rd floor apartment faced the ocean and one of four pools. The wall facing the ocean consisted of four double bi-fold glass doors that remained opened day and night for the entire two weeks. Not one fly or mosquito was seen. The main room/living room/dining room/kitchen were cooled by seven fans which along with the breeze from the ocean was perfect during the day even with temperatures in the high 80s everyday. The main room had four couches and several rocking chairs lined up along the railing facing the ocean. The bedrooms had air conditioning that worked perfectly. There was a private rooftop deck which gave another amazing view of the Pacific and sunsets. We had two minor problems in the apartment, but we called the office and they were fixed within an hour. The staff is unbelievable: friendly, helpful and always courteous.It was great going without shoes and wearing only a bathing suit for 14 days in a row. My wife and I agree this was the best vacation we ever had. The condo is located about 1 1/2 mile from the center of Jaco beach (where there is a large concentration of restaurants, bars, supermarket and gift shops) but can be reached by taxi in five minutes. Taxi fare was three dollars with a tip each way! We were very sorry to have to return to a 34 degree night in Texas. Very highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2013 via mobile

We rented a 3 bedroom condo which was clean and spacious. Location is not too far from the city center, but quiet and relaxing. Four pools with the ocean just steps away. The daystar staff was very helpful and friendly. Highly recommend!!!

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2013

I planned this trip to celebrate my win over cancer and had my family join me there. To start, I'll say that overall La Paloma Blanca is a fabulous location and awesome complex in Jaco Beach. The staff is amazing, very helpful and assisted me in every way that I needed. The cleanliness was tip top and done professionally. My issues came with the owner of the unit that I stayed in and the lack of maintenance to his property. I had no hot water the entire time I was there ( 13 days and there were 6 of us staying there ) and where daystar tried to fix it, they needed the owner to pay for it which he did not do while I was there and he was aware that I was without it. The shower head was broken, several of the doors leading to the balcony were broken and didn't open, locks were corroded and not working, window panes were missing and levers to open them broken, leaks marks were on the ceiling, ceiling fans were taken down and electrical wires left exposed, the roof top furniture was in such bad shape that we could not use it, the roof decking was filthy, furniture in the living room was broken and in need of repair, and the sheets and towels were stained and or gray not white and did not fit the beds properly. These issues were brought to the owners attention several months before by the management company and he did nothing to fix or improve the situation and rented to me knowing that there were problems. He has yet to return my calls to correct the issue with me and refund part of the money I spent to stay there. To say that this affected our stay is an understatement. No one wants to have to apologize to their guests (family or not) for having no hot water. It sucked and taking cold showers was only part of the issue. I do not recommend staying in unit A3 belonging to Bruce Aldrich but do however recommend other units there as they are beautiful and have owners that take care of them. I will stay at La Paloma Blanca again, but it won't be in Bruce's place.

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank FFNREMTP
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2013

We stayed in this condo for 3 days. It is directly on the beach. The view is fantastic. We enjoyed the lay out that makes it confortable for 4 adults and the set up with the doors opening on the sea view. It is not directly in Jaco Beach however. The confo well furnished but basically equipped. Service was great.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Christiane1107
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Hotel Mar de Luz
#7 of 44 in Jaco
Los Suenos Marriott Ocean & Golf Resort
BEST WESTERN Jaco Beach All Inclusive Resort

Been to La Paloma Blanca? Share your experiences!