We were really happy with our condo selection of Paloma Blanca. We were travelling with our 4 year old son and wanted a condo with a pool and on the beach. We heard that the south end of the Jaco Beach was the nicest and most family friendly and we have to agree. We stayed in B3 which overlooked the pool and had a decent view of the ocean. The pools were a little smaller than we expected but they were kept very clean and we used them every day (and night). The beach was very nice. Clean, soft sand, safe. The surf stand on the beach allows Paloma Blanca guests to use the chairs and umbrellas for free, if they are available. We used them every day no problem. The staff at the surf tent were awesome -- they are not affiliated with Paloma Blanca. My husband rented a boogie board and surf board every day.
The condo itself has the basic essentials including beach towels but didn't have coolers, beach chairs, etc. The condo was clean and we didn't have any maintenance issues. The cleaning staff swept it out every other day and replenished paper goods, soaps, etc. It was a nice touch.
The guards and maintenance staff at Paloma Blanca were so friendly and helpful. Loved them! If you make any special requests with the office staff I would recommend that you follow up with them. We had placed a small grocery order to be delivered the day of our arrival. We were pretty disappointed when we arrived at 9 pm to an empty fridge. The office staff had the order but forgot to give it to "Helen" who does the shopping. The day before we were to leave I called to confirm our transport back to the airport and the staff couldn't find the request. They were able to get us transportation but we would have been SOL if I had not followed up with them.
Would we return to Paloma Blanca? Absolutely. We had a great week and felt like we picked a perfect location in Jaco Beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Serene beachfront community with 2 and 3-bedroom condo rentals at the pristine south end of Jaco Beach. Four different swimming pools, mature tropical gardens and the quiet beach at your front yard indulge those wanting to be away from the crowds, yet still walking distance of town. All units feature fully equipped kitchens, in-unit laundry rooms, cable TV, telephones and wireless internet. Services include concierge and staffed security. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Paloma Blanca reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Paloma Blanca Hotel Jaco
- La Paloma Blanca Costa Rica/Jaco