we went to Costa Rica in April 2013, we rented a car (get GPS!!! - there are no road signs) - hotel had free parking (grounds have a security guard-24 hours, complex is gated). i know it's not a true hotel, as it's a vacation home rental. our unit had 2 full bedrooms (1 with a king bed, the other w/2 single beds), full kitchen (with dishes, glasses, forks/knives, pans, blender, etc.), living room, and laundry room (yes, you can come home with clean clothes!). there was even beach towels and a surfboard in our unit.
we lucked out and got a ground floor oceanfront unit. we could walk right out to the beach and pool. there's huge patio (balcony if you are on a higher floor), we ate breakfast (eggs from local grocery and plantains from roadside stand) every morning outside.
we typically like to stay in all-inclusives, but since we knew we'd be doing more adventurous things on this trip, this rental made the most sense (we booked with American Airlines miles). it seems like every unit has an ocean view, it's a small rental complex - everyone while we were there were very friendly. the location is great, you can walk to a few restaurants and driving down to Dominical (great surfing beach, even if you don't surf - great to watch). also you can drive to Manuel Antonio Park (they are closed Mondays, we learned the hard way - however we ended up spending the day on a nearby beach w/waiter service - can't complain!).
check-in - you have to stop at the rental agency in town before going to the property. we had a late flight out and it was easy to request a late check-out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront condo community in Jaco Beach with 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condos. Steps from the ocean and a quick walk to town, you'll enjoy unobstructed ocean views and a lively beach scene at your doorstep. All units feature fully equipped kitchens, in-unit laundry rooms, cable TV, telephones and WiFi Internet access. Services include concierge, staffed security and free local calls and long distance to USA and Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline and Hotwire so you can book your Daystar Bahia Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Bahia Azul Hotel Jaco
- Daystar Bahia Azul Costa Rica/Jaco