Bahia Azul is a condo across the beach road in Jaco, Costa Rica. I imagine that normally the road is only local traffic but they are building nearby and there were quite a few large construction vehicles going past. At weekends the beach is popular with the locals and there were more cars and noise with families and young people BBQing or partying on the beach. None of that would deter us from returning. Our unit (1A) was on the ground floor right next to the manned security entrance. This was both a blessing and a curse. While feeling very safe we also had to put up with brighter lights, cars coming in and out, the guard's annoying communications radio and friends visiting in the early hours. This wouldn't be a problem in any of the other suites. We would return to this complex but would choose buildings 6-7. There are 10 buildings contain three units each surrounding a very large, well maintained pool. The grounds are also well maintained and staff is constantly around. Judging from the outside I assume that the units are all the same. Two bedrooms, two bathrooms, laundry, large kitchen/living room, and a deck with dining table and chairs. The master bedroom has a balcony and ensuite. It is a 20 minute walk to the main street of Jaco where you'll find restaurants (Lemon Zest was great), grocery stores, ATMs and shops. There are a couple of casinos and places to rent vehicles or off-road vehicles. The beach is long and sandy with crashing waves and quite low tides. We felt safe while in Jaco but were smart where we walked after dark and were always in groups. I wouldn't walk the beach at night.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Intimate beachfront condo community in Jaco Beach with 2-bedroom, 2-bathroom condos. Steps from the ocean and a quick walk to town, you'll enjoy unobstructed ocean views and a lively beach scene at your doorstep. All units feature fully equipped kitchens, in-unit laundry rooms, cable TV, telephones and WiFi Internet access. Services include concierge, staffed security and free local calls and long distance to USA and Canada. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Daystar Bahia Azul reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Daystar Bahia Azul Hotel Jaco
- Daystar Bahia Azul Costa Rica/Jaco