“Formerly known as: hotel estrellamar, now its 'morgans cove central' Great location, friendly staff, fun, but basic accommodatio” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Villas Estrellamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Villas Estrellamar
You added Villas Estrellamar to your Saves list
Ranked #37 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

This is on the lower end of all-inclusive hotels, but it's still decent and whoever is complaining is probably a habitual complainer. Its close to everything and a very close walk to the beach. I felt safe on the property and the staff were friendly and helpful. I came here to surf, I shopped around town a bit, and ended up choosing the surf instructor who works at Morgan Cove Casino (the same owners as the morgan cove central) Rodrigo. He really put in an effort to help me surf, even though I'm fit (under 3 hours) I still consider myself a novice at surfing. I was able to get up on 7 foot waves after my first visit. Quite a feat. I noticed the other classes on the beach were only doing 3ish foot waves...
The food at the buffet is repetitive, but again, this is a cheaper hotel, so I'm not going to complain. If you value bang for your buck, it's a good call and worth considering.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank kmantraveler

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Montreal, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

We went on a trip through airtransat, stayed there for two weeks.... horrible experience.
The shower was broken, their bed was a cheap foam, and that's besides all the aunts we had in our room. Very un clean rooms, airconditioned made alot of noise and smelled horrible.

The pool, I woke up an early morning to see the pool in the nice garden, when I observed closely there was like a layer of jello (oils & sunscreen) floating on the top.....

Not a good experience, I don't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: No GOOD ROOMS ! See website for photos but keep in mind all the aunts in the room. A couple on the...
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Christine D

Travelers are raving about these Jaco hotels

1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I went On a trip with my high school spanish class to costa rica through a tour company. Had I been with my family we would have left immediately. Unfortunately I had no choice and had to spent two nights here. The only good thing about the hotel was the pool, as it was the only way to get clean. Our whole stay the shower was either broken or only scalding hot water came out. The staff did nothing. We instead (all twenty of us) had to take our shampoo and conditioner to the poolside shower and shower there. Very tedious. Also the beds were lumpy and soggy. The sink that hung over the side of my bed didn't help sleep either. Wish I didn't have to be subject to the unclean rooms and rude staff of this hotel.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank Cassiebehling
California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

Stayed there with my wife and son recently for one night. It was "just OK" all in all.

On the plus side, the staff was nice. The bunglo we were in had a full kitchen, which was nice. The ground were nice - a big space. The location was good - pretty central. The pool and area aroud that was nice enough. We LOVED the cabana that had all the hammocks in it!

On the draw-backs side: The room was a little retro - hadn't been updated in quite a while (ever?). The room wasn't perfectly clean - some hair in the sink, etc. and my wife said the curtains smelled quite a bit. There was a pretty big gap under the door that mosquitos kept coming in through... Breakfast didn't come with the price of the room.

So some pluses, some minuses - I'd stay here again, but wouldn't go out of my way to...

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
3 Thank SanderD
Quinte West
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I stayed at the Estrellamar February 2010 for a week. "Villas" are very basic with hard beds and not a single comfortable chair to sit on. The air conditioner smelled horrid when it started up and I had a respirator infection within a day that totally ruined my vacation. The Estrellamar management response to my complaint was unsatisfactory.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank DANMACQuinteWest
Jaco, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2011

What a delight in the middle of Jaco. Beautiful landscape,pool restaurant and people. Truly Jaco's hidden Gem in the middle of the city. Walking distance to all of main street business's. Clean and comfortable and a warm and welcome staff. Now a resident of Jaco but all the family and friends stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MargoSanders
San Jose, Costa Rica
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2011

My bike was stolen just in FRONT of my room within the facilities of this hotel, just after the robbery we informed the security guard and hotel´s manager and they didn´t anything. It looks like any hotel´s employed was involved.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family