“Jaco's Hidden Gem”
Review of Villas Estrellamar

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Villas Estrellamar
Ranked #35 of 41 Hotels in Jaco
Jaco, Costa Rica
“Jaco's Hidden Gem”
Reviewed August 18, 2011

What a delight in the middle of Jaco. Beautiful landscape,pool restaurant and people. Truly Jaco's hidden Gem in the middle of the city. Walking distance to all of main street business's. Clean and comfortable and a warm and welcome staff. Now a resident of Jaco but all the family and friends stay here.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank MargoSanders

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed April 18, 2011

My bike was stolen just in FRONT of my room within the facilities of this hotel, just after the robbery we informed the security guard and hotel´s manager and they didn´t anything. It looks like any hotel´s employed was involved.

Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank cupula78

Travelers are raving about these Jaco hotels

Ormond Beach, Florida
Reviewed February 22, 2011

We had a great time there...beautiful landscaping, great service, close walk to beach and shops and restuarants...great hammocks to relax in..recommend the 2-bed suites,,,I am going back in June of 2011...

• Stayed June 2010
1 Thank gatordan73
San Jose, Costa Rica
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Beautiful grounds and pool. Has a horse shoe pit and pool table next to the bar and pool. Hammock area where iguanas chill out. We rented the Villas. Nice idea wrong design. These villas are bug infested. Ants were a problem. Saw multiple roaches and spiders. Scary when you wake up at night to use the bathroom. Not sure what will pop out at you. My kids sleep with the lights on. I didnt blame them. Hotel is very close to town and shopping. . Its very rustic with a costa rica flavor. Price is fair. I would give it a higher rating had the villas been more bug free. We still had a fun time but will probably try a different place if we go back to Jaco.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank dkscott1996
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Estrella Mar is a little oasis in the heart of Jaco, stayed three nights in August while visiting a friend. Choose to stay in one of the Casita's (number #2) over the Standard Room, this was a good choice and worth the extra $. Room was clean, spacious, and private. Remember it is a budget hotel, so furniture a bit dated, but clean and comfortable. Grounds are well maintained. Nice pool area next to Mojito's bar and restaurant where you will have complimentary full breakfast off the menu and reasonably priced drinks at night. Very friendly staff. Internet access in front office for small fee. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank ciluffome
Sault Ste. Marie, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed March 30, 2010

I originally booked a two week vacation with Nolitours and booked this hotel as part of the package. I did not expect it would be a great hotel due in part to the cost of the trip and reviews I had read. I had the option of booking a villa but opted for a room because two meals were included. If I were twenty years old and single I guess I could have dealt with the room but I was there for two weeks and my wife was with me, the room was not what I expected. The beds were comfortable but thats about where the good things ended. The rooms were old and the washrooms were small and really old. The air- conditioner was extremely old , loud and didn't throw much cold air. The grounds were nice but the pool was dirty. I suggested to the manager that we would like to move to a Villas but nothing was available. In truth he promised lots of people who complained they could move next week, next day etc, but never kept his promise. He always had a new excuse when the time came. I advised the Nolitour rep to find us another hotel. We moved to the Balcon Del Mar on the beach but it cost me an additional 500.00 which I gladly paid. So if you don't mind old and cramped and a dirty swimming pool stay in a room at Villas otherwise book a Villa. By the way the food was quite good.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Debran02
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed February 17, 2010

I stayed 3 nights at the beginning of February.

Positive points:

Near the beach (5 mins walk)
Easy access to everything in town (restaurants and shops)
Lovely garden and swimming pool.
Balcony
They have a cute restaurant/bar

Negative points:

The air conditioning is very very loud (sounded like a plane). It was hard to sleep with such a loud noise.
The bar next door play loud music late into the night.
Lighting in the room is depressing
Beds are not particularly comfortable
The room is weirdly setup.
Tons of kids

This hotel is packed with French Canadians. $45 a night would be enough.
I paid about $80. I should have paid a bit more and go to the Best Western.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo