New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Aparthotel Vista Pacifico

Aparthotel Vista Pacifico
Ranked #5 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
Toronto, Canada
“I can't say enough good things!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2012

I've stayed at Vista Pacifico twice now, and I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Jaco. The rooms are lovely (stay in a suite with a tower, if you can!), and all the little details are so thoughtful. I especially like that the aparthotel is on the hill above the city, which means it's peaceful at night when Jaco isn't, but plenty close to the beach.

On our first visit, we split our time between sitting by the pool, reading and chatting, and exploring the area around Jaco. When we wanted to explore and try the zip lines, Jan booked us a tour. She also helped us find nice places to stay when we moved on to explore more of the country. She even booked a car for us, and arranged to have it delivered to the hotel, but returned in San Jose before our flight. On our second visit, we were more independent, driving ourselves in from San Jose. This time, Jan's daughter Juliana took care of us. Everybody is so warm and friendly, truly embodying Pura Vida. Highly recommended!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Robotpilot

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2012

An amazing value considered with the other options we considered when planning our stay. The atmosphere is very friendly and family run - almost a touch of B&B. Very helpful people who gave us great pointers on where to go and what to do. Highly recommend.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2012

A friend and I stayed at this hilltop beauty for one week (Sept. 15-22, 2012) – my second vacation to wonderful Costa Rica and her first. I stayed at an all inclusive resort my first trip. I was looking for more “Costa Rican” accommodations this trip. I found a perfect fit at Vista Pacifico. I started planning the trip about a month out and the owners (Juliana assisted me) were fabulously communicate and helpful from room booking to acquiring a rental car (ready and waiting when we landed at San Jose Airport). Their kind hospitality was ever-present during our week long stay. Juliana, James and Jan are very knowledgeable about the area and eagerly helped us choose and book our daily adventures – unforgettable, magical Costa Rican adventures! When all we wanted to do was rest and relax, Vista Pacifico was the perfect place to be for that, as well. Jaco is beautiful. It is also a busy tourist town. Vista Pacifico sits on a hilltop above the town – a safe, tranquil oasis complete with a gentle mountain breeze.

We stayed in room #7. It was immaculately clean and comfortable. It had no air conditioning and never missed it – we slept like babies every night with the windows open wide. The kitchenette is more like a kitchen – plenty of room and storage to cook a Costa Rican feast if you so choose. We stayed during low season when a ‘light’ breakfast is served. It was more than enough for me: fresh coffee, fruit, pastries, yogurt, homemade granola and juice every morning. Delicious!

I encourage you to look at the wonderful photos of the hotel and surrounding area previous guests of Vista Pacifico have posted on TripAdvisor. I promise the ‘vistas’ are more beautiful than any camera lens can capture. Many of the photos also give a good perspective of where the hotel sits in relation to the town of Jaco. Also visit the hotel’s stellar website at http://www.vistapacifico.com.

I also encourage a car rental WITH a navigation system preset with Costa Rican destinations. I thought about bringing my Garmin from home, but Juliana advised me that many people had difficulties with ones brought from the States. Thank you, Juliana, for that tip! I was very grateful for a dependable navigation system while driving in Costa Rica. NOTE: almost all cars in Costa Rica are stick shifts. Costa Rica is a mountainous country and gears are needed to traverse the terrain. That being said, we had no trouble navigating or driving during our trip.

I am already looking forward to my next trip to Costa Rica and my next stay at Vista Pacifico. Many thanks for your generous hospitality to my new friends at Vista Pacifico. Until I see you again and, always, Pura Vida!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
3 Thank AdventuringAlice
Las Vegas, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

We stayed four nights and can't rave enough about this hotel. From our reception, to the accomodations, to the breakfast each day and wonderul and friendly staff....this is a must stay if you want to experience Costa Rica away from the chain hotels!

A truly great experience.....we booked based on prior reviews.... so we are glad to add our review to authenticate this wonderful hotel spot.

Room Tip: Some rooms don't have air conditioning but ours was comfortable without it in September...if you...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank hlc123
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2012

Me and a couple buddies stayed here at Vista Pacifico for roughly 11 days, and this was an awesome place for us to stay at. The owners James and Julianna were amazing, the service was more than we could ask for and they got us deals on different tours available that we went on. They were very knowledgable of the area and where good restaurants and other activities were at. The room we stayed in was really nice and comfortable, and for the price of the room it was exceptional. The location on the hill was really cool and especially at night it was a very peaceful and quiet place to relax and enjoy the beautiful scenery around you. The pool was really nice and a good temperature. The town Jaco was only about a 30 minute walk from the hotel and a 5 min cab ride which is cheap too. Jaco had lots of things to do and lots of shops and restaurants, and we felt really comfortable walking the town at all hours. I would highly suggest visiting Jaco and staying at Vista Pacifico! I will definitely go again if possible!

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank WhiteWizard06
Bala Cynwyd, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We spent one night in Jaco, our first night in Costa Rica, to break up the drive down the coast. This was a little piece of paradise up on the hill overlooking the bay and the mountains. The owners gave us great advice on dinner spots in town and we could tell, really cared about their guests. Our room was roomy, clean, and comfy, with plenty of space for us and our son to sleep well. Breakfast was simple, but fine enough, and sitting on the terrace sipping coffee looking out over the hillside behind was pure tranquility. Easy stop to stop in for a night, or use as a spot to day trip from up and down the coast. Sweet, small hotel with great owners, and lovely views.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lima, Peru
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

The Hotel Vista Pacifico is a great hotel with comfortable rooms, great service, and owners who truly care about their customers. They will bend over backward to make sure that your stay is pleasant and that you leave happy. In all, I wouldn't recommend Jaco itself, but if you go to Jaco then this is a great place to stay. The beach is not pretty, the town is small, but there are a number of outdoor activities such as ATVing and surfing.

Although it is not in the city, this hotel is a short taxi ride or walk away. It is on a hill so the walk to the city is pleasant, but walking back is not. For those who choose a taxi, it is only a few bucks for the ride and will not be a large part of your trip budget. If you take a taxi, then I would recommend you get the phone number of the first taxi guy that you use and get a good feel for. You can always call him from the hotel and use him on every taxi ride. You can also rent a car, which I found to be the best thing that we did on the trip. We rented the car in Jaco and was able to travel to Manuel Antonio, then to Arenal, and drop the car off in San Jose before going to the airport. Renting the car was the best thing we did for the vacation, as we did not find Jaco to be what we were looking for on our vacation (we thought the beach would be better).

The breakfast they provide is small and basic, basically a continental breakfast, but it is sufficient and the fruit was fresh and tasty. This hotel is safe and the owners can be found walking around, tending to business and always attentive to your needs with genuine hospitality. They should be commended for the great operation that they have established. If you choose this hotel, you will be pleased.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends