“Best Restaurant in Costa Rica”
Review of I Love Sushi

I Love Sushi
Ranked #16 of 180 Restaurants in Jaco
Cuisines: American, Sushi, Seafood, Costa Rican
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 1, 2014

OMG the sushi was amazing! No reason to even try another restaurant, this is hands down the best! It is a few blocks from the busiest part of Jaco's "restaurant row", BUT DONT MISS IT. The sushi is so fresh, it's like butter. REAL crab, REAL ginger. The marlin dip was far superior to what we have had in NY. Jessica has a great story and clearly knows what she is doing!

2  Thank allseasonstraveler
Jessica H, Owner at I Love Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2014

Hi! It's an honor for me to hear this form a couple staying at The Marriot where food is 5 stars. Our Marlin dip is freshly made to order with the the fish that comes off the truck daily. Our ginger is sliced and marinated by us, (no artificial ingredients or food coloring). I'm thrilled that your stop here was the best meal you ate at while being here.

Reviewed April 1, 2014

Meal was delicious, fresh ginger and our waitress JJ was very attentive and charming. She knew the menu well and her English is flawless. Highly recommend this place, and JJ if you can get her! :)

1  Thank 289Mel

Thank you for you review. It was my pleasure to wait on you that day, i'm very glad you enjoyed your meal. I hope you come back soon. :)

Reviewed March 26, 2014

I recently visited Jaco, Costa Rica and this was the first and only restaurant I ate at. I know a lot of the time when you are traveling you want to experience a little of everything but I'm a simple man and to me this place had all that I needed and more. The staff is exceptional each time I went to eat it was like I was with family. Mi amigos Chito y Frankie thanks guys. I can't forget the gorgeous owner Jessica from the time me and my my friend got there she was more that helpful with not just good and drink but sort of a tour guide as well. She informed us about the area got us a deep see fishing trip well below market price and even prepared the fish that we caught to our liking. The atmosphere of the restaurant is very relaxed and authentic all the furniture was handmade and while you enjoy your meal you can listen and watch some of the classic melodic tunes of bands like U2, Queen, Bob Marley, Pink Floyd just to name a few. The food here is also excellent being that since I was on vacation and was mainly full of booze I didn't venture through the menu to hard I mainly suck to the sushi menu (which is prepared in front of you with fresh daily caught fish) I highly recommend JeJe's Crunch must delicioso!!, and of course the fish that we had caught on our trip. The menu does have a wide array of cuisines from domestic to worldwide. I seen everything from pasta's to burgers, wings and salads, steak. Trust me I'm a big guy and I love to eat and they had a little bit of everything you will not be disappointed. Also had a great selection of alcohol both spirits and beers. They even carried 2 local beers that could not be found anywhere else on that main strip. Oh and Plenty of Jack Daniels lol, as hard as I tried I couldn't drink them out of it!! All in all when you visit Jaco you have to visit I Love Sushi(located directly across the street from the best western) at least once or you would not have experienced all that Jaco has to offer

1  Thank Jporte05
Jessica H, Owner at I Love Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded March 27, 2014

I'm glad we made your vacation unforgettable. We miss you guys already. It's an honour for us to have customers like you. We hope that when you come back in 6 months this will be your first stop. I'm really thinking obout building those rooms in the back for you guys so it's not so far and you don't have to cross the street from the Best Western, lol.
Thanks again, Pura Vida.

Reviewed March 21, 2014

Really like the location because it's a few blocks from the congestion of Jaco and you can park right out in front. It's tucked in the corner across the street from Best Western and down the strip from BCR. I found the atmosphere intimate and felt it was nicely decorated. There is seating inside and out and you get to choose what concert, like the Beatles, you would like to watch if you decide to sit inside. I had the Sushi and it was wonderful. I highly recommend the JeJe Crunch. Yum!!! Many of the items (and there are a lot) on the menu sound incredible and I plan on returning until I have sampled everything. There will be a lot of trips to because they are open for breakfast and lunch too.

1  Thank JoBob2013
Jessica H, Owner at I Love Sushi, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Thank you for this awesome review! I am happy you enjoyed the food and tha ambiance! When you come back ask for more recommendations! The Jeje crunch is my favorite as well! :)

Reviewed March 20, 2014

There were six of us eating dinner the night we ate there. We tried some of everything that was on the menu, and it was all amazing. From Sushi to Chicken Alfredo it was all great! We even went back to have breakfast which of course was great! And the owner was very accommodating with anything we asked for.

1  Thank Callie S

Thanks for coming in! I really enjoy having people like you guys come in and enjoy the food!
I forgot to tell you in the morning that I had the sausage! I hope to see you again if you come back to Costa Rica!