“Beach bar in paradise” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Clarita's Beach Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Jaco
Clarita's Beach Hotel
You added Clarita's Beach Hotel to your Saves list
Ranked #16 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
Daphne, Alabama
“Beach bar in paradise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2012

We enjoyed the hotel and restuarant. When the safe did not work, they moved us quickly. Although the rooms are small and basic, they are on the beach. The small pool was nice and refreshing. The staff at the restuarant were extremely friendly, and gave us our free drink. After a day and night of weary travel, we really enjoyed the place and the whole red snapper was great. Have not had that since Mexico. I thought the bartenders and waitresses were really friendly. I was with my husband, we are in our 60's, and they went out of their way to assist us with the food and the room. Also, obviously thought they were all great looking. The rooms are small and dark (hard to punch in that safe #), but for being on the beach, it was great. Enjoyed the Chicago signs, Bear/Cub fan? I would recommend it. A wonderful beach bar and hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Saint Louis, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

Have stayed here twice while travelling through the area. Rooms are clean and basic. Great outside bar and grill on the beach. Food is very good. Some rooms have ac and each room has a small safe. Security on the property is good with a security guard that remains on the parking lot. I always feel very comfortable staying here and the staff is very friendly. Remember this is a 3 rd world country so don't expect the Hilton. For the money can't be location and accomidations.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank earthbisket
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

The back of the rooms is so dark you hardly can see. I dropped two souvenirs made of glass because it was to dark to see. The staff is really unfriendly and always seems to have no time for you, always in a rush. No pura vida. Finally, the place is very much overpriced. Because of these things, overall I didnt like it.

• Stayed February 2012
4 Thank ThorstenS4
da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I am very sorry this reviewer found our staff to be unfriendly and with no Pura Vida. Be assured I'm on it! There is no excuse for being unfriendly to our guests. This review has been translated into Spanish and given to each of my employees with a note from me that says: "NO PURA VIDA, NO JOB".
I thank this reviewer for bringing this to my attention. While we have alot of fun with our guests at Claritas I will not tolerate any employee who is rude or unfriendly to people who spend their hard earned money expecting a great vacation and Clarita's Pura Vida. We will try harder! Gracias. Clarita
Newmarket, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

From the check in onwards we found the staff to be disinterested at best but mostly rude. The rooms are very dated but just passable. This is an ok hotel for backpacking or hosteling but don't expect a hotel of high quality if you're comparing to other hotels. Saying that, the food in the restaurant was excellent but I would not suggest taking any children near there at night as it is full of 'working girls' but if that is your thing you'll have a spectacular time. If you want a good party it would be great as It is lively but consequently very loud if you're trying to sleep. There are other hotels in the area that charge similar and are a little less basic. An interesting stay, right on the beach so you can't fault it for that but don't expect luxury and you won't be disappointed. I've given it a poor rating but maybe it just wasn't our cup of tea.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chunky_faery
da22, Owner at Clarita's Beach Hotel, responded to this review, April 5, 2012
I am ashamed and sorry that this reviewer found our staff to be unfriendly and rude. Be assured I'm on it! While February was a busy month for us, there is absolutely no excuse for being rude to our guests. Claritas is the busiest bar and restaurant in Jaco because we insist on good, friendly service with a smile and a "Gracias" to our guests. This review has been translated into Spanish and given to each of my employees with a note from me that says: "NO PURA VIDA, NO JOB".
I thank this reviewer for bringing this to my attention. While we do have alot of fun with our guests at Claritas I will not tolerate any employee who is rude or unfriendly to people who spend their hard earned money expecting a great vacation and Clarita's Pura Vida. We will try harder! Gracias. Clarita
Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2012

My travel partner bought my ticket for my bday and never showed. I went with VERY LITTLE $$ as he was paying for everything. After arriving in Jaco I was told by an American hotel owner to go to Clarita's. This was a number of years ago, but the cost was $20/night for non-air and $30/night for air. I chose the non-air (as $$ was tight), brought $300 for a 6 night trip!!! Had the time of my life at the hotel... The owner and staff were absolutally wonderful. The views were awesome and the rooms were VERY clean. Where else can you stay ON the beach for that cheap? The major chain hotel next door (OK Western) was $129 night. Would go back in a heartbeat!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank winger17
Mountain Top, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2012

First trip to Jaco, CR and I'll be back! Clarita's is a fun and inexpensive hotel ON the beach. It is one of it's greatest assets, sand and surf, as you kick back and relax in this cool old surfing town. I traveled with a group that has been staying here for several years and their description of Clarita's was right on. The owners have worked hard to make the facility clean and comfortable. I was impressed with the rooms and the quality of food in the bar/restaurant. Several posts here have mentioned the "indifference" of the girls behind the bar/servers. I agree the staff could have been a little more accommodating. I understand the difference in culture and how difficult it must be to hire and train good people to the "American Standard". I've worked in the hospitality industry most of my life and know consistent customer service is one of the most difficult issues facing any property. I also understand that we Americans can be a little aggressive and demanding and feel since we're paying the bill we deserve a certain level of service. Kudos to Reni, Mesa, Allison, Dorothy and the rest of Clarita's staff for putting up with a bunch of "teenage boys" on spring break! Don't pass this one up!

Room Tip: Get a room with a/c.