I went to Costa-Rica in 2008 and I spent there one and half month. I traveled from my hometown, Prague - Czech Republic. The flight was so long I was looking forward for a shower and a comfortable bed. The hotel satisfied me way beyond my expectations. Nice spacious room with a big bathroom, cable TV facing the bed, fast Internet connection, cozy sitting area. And after you leave the door you are in front of a big sweet mosaic pool with a small cage to hide from the sun.
I heard about the hotel from a friend in Prague who talked about the trip over and over. Now I know why :o)
Since my flight was in January I arrived from the cold Czech winter into the summer season in tropical country, which was a first and I worried about the heat a bit. The Hotel area was actually much cooler then in the city center with mountain breezes and lots of shade from all the beautiful trees all around.
I travel a lot in general and mostly as a solo traveler, so safety is very important! I was a bit concerned about the safety in Jaco for a single young woman, but there is not really much to worry about. The hotel property is all fenced with guards on duty all night (btw. my Spanish was really poor so they often helped me catching the cab late hours, when the reception closed.) And in the center of Jaco is safe too. There are tons of restaurants, bars and shops on the main street, lenghtwise the beach, that are always crowded. This street is located circa 20 minutes walk from the hotel. At first I thought to rent a car, but the taxi´s are so cheap comparing to Prague! There was no need.
What I enjoyed the most in the hotel beside the regular things like the room, nice stuff etc. was the unique romantic and very relaxing atmosphere similar to my imagination of a big paradise garden full of fruit-trees, flowers and little stone paths ending in the restaurant Eclipse and a Spa center with Bikram Yoga Studio with an ocean-view! God! I can´t wait go to back :) One of the great features was also a note I found in the room saying that the tap water is filtrated and drinkable! How cool is that!
The food in the hotel restaurant was great, I think they had organic vegetables only and the Canadian manager gave me a lot of interesting tips what to do and see. I met the owner too and seemed as a really nice guy.
During the period of time there I went to see couple different towns along the Pacific side, but I kept coming back to Jaco and there was no doubt which hotel I´ll pick!!
Costa-Rica was a great relaxing and soul-filling experience, perfect vacation place that meets entertainment, sports, nightlife and relaxing, spiritual aspect in one. You can surf, go fishing, make trips to the rain-forests, dance salsa, scuba-diving and there are so many other things to do! Plus you can pick an orange or banana from a tree when you´re hungry and eat it!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Despegar.com, Hotwire, Travelocity and Agoda so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco