I had my wedding reception at Doce Lunas. The experience exceeded my expectations. From the beginning, Brian at Doce Lunas, replied to all of our emails quickly unlike some other Costa Rican hotels so that we could make the necessary arrangements with the church, florist, photographers, cake decorator, and other vendors. His staff really made an effort to make sure that all of the guests were taken care of. We rented out the entire hotel (all 20 rooms) for the wedding and it was a special experience having my closest friends and family members on the vacation of a lifetime. Brian helped coordinate the perfect room for each guest. Everyone said that it was the best wedding they've ever been to.
The reception was beautiful. Doce Lunas was recently remodeled in the past 9-10 years and I was impressed with the quality of rooms and grounds. I felt like we were tucked away in the jungle in our own world. Brian has organized many wedding before and had all the necessary contacts/vendors to make the reception run smoothly. The food, music, cake, service, and pool were all great. Almost everyone ended up in the pool with their suit and tie on by the end of the night. Chris, the owner, even kept the bar open past hours for us to catch up with each other and enjoy a few drinks.
The one and only thing that I would change is that the hotel is a short taxi drive to the beach. If I had it my way, I would love to stay at the beach, but Brian and his staff made up for that. It was very easy getting around without a rental car. Many of my family and friends are surfers, and we took a taxi to Playa Hermosa almost everyday to surf. It's no more than 10 minutes driving. The other hotels that some of my guests stayed at, even on the beach, didn't compare to Doce Lunas.
All in all, it was a dream vacation/wedding and all of my guests are already planning a reunion trip.
I would recommend a destination wedding at Doce Lunas to anyone interested.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Cancelon so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco