This hotel is an oasis of peace in the chaos of Jaco. It is set off of the main road that you take from the airport in San Jose, and is about a 5 minute cab ride from downtown Jaco, but it is worlds away from the crazy, touristy main strip.
The hotel grounds a mini rainforest and are absolutely amazing, loaded with tropical plants, trees and flowers. Our room was tucked under a large banyan tree, which added to the rainforest feel. We saw Scarlet Macaws and Toucans while lounging at the pool! The pool was really nice, with a waterfall feature, which was great for cooling off during the heat of the day and a Jacuzzi tub. The rooms were nice and very clean, and the air conditioning made short work of the outside heat.
Without a doubt, the staff made the experience top notch though. Everyone was very attentive and really wanted to make sure our stay was enjoyable, even packing a picnic lunch for us when we day tripped to Manual Antonio National Park, or having a box breakfast ready to go at dinner the night before we went fishing. Rafael at the restaurant was very polite and eager to please and the owner Brian went out of his way to help us. using his extensive knowledge of Costa Rica and fluent Spanish to arrange taxis and activities for us (rainforest zip line tours, horse back riding, waterfalls, day trips to the national parks) and advised us what to do ( like watching the sunset at Villa Caletas) and what not to do.
The restaurant onsite was phenomenal, with a great, covered, outdoor dining area. We ate in Jaco the 1st night, but after that we ate dinner at the hotel, as the food far surpassed anything we could get in town, with a mix of traditional Costa Rican fare (whole roasted snapper), the chef's take on classic recipes (beef tenderloin with hollandaise made with coconut milk) and traditional standards (roast pork loin). They even made a 3 course chef's tasting of the dolphin (mahi mahi) we caught while fishing! The breakfast was great too, and I am still craving the pinto gallo with eggs. Costa Rica grows a lot of fruit and mangos, water melon and pineapple were included at each breakfast. Needless to say, the coffee was very good.
The hotel also offers yoga and massages (which my wife and I both took advantage of) as well as a list of other spa treatments.
Long story short, you will not be disappointed with Docelunas. We will definitely stay here during our next visit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and Hotel.de so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco