Doce Lunas is a hidden gem, a surprisingly serene spot given the reputation of Jaco as a party town. We visited the week of New Year's, and even though the hotel was almost full, it was quiet, and comfortable. The grounds are immaculately kept, lush vegetation, lots of flowers. The pool is super clean. The rooms are larger than any other hotel's we stayed in Costa Rica, and very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was plentiful and varied. The day we were leaving also happened to be our daughter's 5th birthday, and the staff was nice enough to bring her a slice of cheesecake with a candle at breakfast. Nice touch and will be remembered.
I even took advantage of their yoga classes, and was pleasantly surprised by the quality of instruction, especially considering that most of the students in the class were tourists.
After having been in about 10 different hotels during our trip, I can easily say this hotel was by far the best. Granted there are more luxurious hotels, but for the price, this is a great, great value. We loved our stay and hope we could come back.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda, Booking.com, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco