“This must be the place”

DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa

Best rooms
Best Location
Friendly Staff
5 minute walk into town

This is my 4th time visiting Costa Rica and I always make my way to this wonderful Hotel! I have stayed in many areas and hotels in Costa Rica and this is by far my favorite place to stay and eat.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends

Reviewed February 12, 2014

I had the time of my life at Docelunas in Jaco, Costa Rica! I didn't want to leave. Once you enter the gate to Docelunas you feel you have entered a state of tranquility. The staff was very friendly & helpful. My room was huge and exceedingly comfortable. The pool was outstanding, a work of art all in itself. It was a short walk to downtown Jaco but the cabs came within 5 minutes if I needed one. Outstanding yoga room, too! I am glad to be back home in the US but my heart aches for the serenity of Docelunas.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank albarbosa
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is a nice place away from the craziness of Jaco Beach but still within easy access. It's a 2-3000 C cab ride ($4-5) downtown and it's easy to get a ride at all hours of the night (we stayed up super late and had no problems). The rooms are beautiful and the grounds are landscaped beautifully with tons of native foliage. The staff was very helpful with our booking and travel arrangements, etc.. and getting back to San Jose as this was the last night of our trip.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank evanolivia
Reviewed January 24, 2014

A quick walk to downtown, but still its own little slice of the rainforest. Beautiful pool, spa, yoga studio, restaurant, and walking grounds were complimented by world class staff. Everyone was friendly and attentive, and anything needed (excursions, dinner reservations, taxi, etc) could be arranged through the front desk. Super easy. Rooms were spacious, clean, and included a private patio looking out onto the lawn. Great restaurant and bar, even playoff football on Sunday! Will be back.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank CarlottaVal
Reviewed January 23, 2014 via mobile

I had a great time camping at doce lunas, the staff was amazing & hospitable. Food was excellent & the pool set up is great! You're far enough or close enough to the party in Jaco depending on what you want to do. Being right on the jungle edge you get plenty of wild life around, birds chirping in the morning & I'm sure there's some other things out there if you're feeling adventurous.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank barmstrong63
Reviewed January 7, 2014

We stayed here while we were in Jaco over New Years 2013/2014. This place was a very pleasant surprise! First off the staff is awesome (particularly Brian one of the owners). The pool area is beautiful, the restaurant is very good and the rooms are AMAZING. We really loved our room, it was huge with a beautiful bathroom. It also had a patio out front which was huge as my GF smokes. The hotel is a 5 minute cab ride from the beach (and all the Jaco action) which was nice as we didnt want to stay directly on the strip in Jaco. We highly recommend this place for anyone visiting Jaco who wants to stay in a nice resort and not on the strip.

Room Tip: We had a suite which I highly recommend
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JayAbes
Reviewed January 6, 2014

My husband and I visited Jaco over New Years. This hotel seemed like one of the nicer ones in the area and it's an easy walk into town and to the beach. It's about a mile. But a cab was only $3. Get to know Brian. He's very knowledgeable and helpful. Jaco was hot! These rooms are air conditioned, have a mini fridge and we enjoyed both. It was a great value for the price. I would definitely go back.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank WendyHoltvluwer
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jaco
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club
Copacabana Hotel & Suites
Hotel Mar de Luz
Hotel Mar de Luz
#5 of 40 in Jaco

Been to DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa? Share your experiences!