I have traveled to many places and stayed in many hotels and this one is by far the worst I've been to in way of customer service and cleanliness. We are frequent travelers and have several hotel memberships. When we arrived into our hotel room, at first it looked decent, but then we noticed roach on the bed and eggs on the bedspread. The room also smelled like it had been sprayed with pesticide.
We thought well ok, this does happen and felt we could stay the night. Then I saw some other bugs including a spider, my lady said that's enough. The bed stand lamp was broken as well and the TV channels were of poor quality. The odor of the room was getting to us and we decided to leave. This was later that evening and there was no one working at the front desk (past 9 PM). There were Security guys there though which was a plus. We're accustomed to at least someone being at the front desk though in case of need. The Security guys barely spoke English.
The next day we came back and spoke with Brian the Manager. When we tried to explain what happened, he became very angry and would not listen at all. He acted very insulted by our comments. We were not being irate about the issues, just trying to explain so he could know what to do to prevent this from happening again to other guests. He wouldn't let us finish and was hostile to the fact the we brought up the bug situation. We had to calm ourselves down (my blood pressure was rising) and we were stunned by his behavior. I have never in 20+ years of traveling been so insulted by a Hotel Manager. If I was the owner, I would seriously consider firing him. Very unprofessional.
He did settle with us on the no charge for the stay and we paid for the dinner which was good (to their credit). The outside areas and pool was nice, also to their credit.
Again though, we will never return and would highly recommend finding another hotel in the area. We did find one that was outstanding.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco