DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa
Copacabana Hotel & Suites(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$110
Hotel Pumilio(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$122
Hotel Club del Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$209
$193
Orbitz.com
Hotel Mar de Luz(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$114
Jaco Laguna Resort & Beach Club(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$146
Hotel Mango Mar(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$100
Travelocity
Aparthotel Vista Pacifico(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$82
Monte Carlo Condominium(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$289
$365
Croc's Resort & Casino(Jaco)(Great Value!)
$310
Bookit.com
All reviewsdoce lunasyoga studiothe ownercosta ricagrounds are beautifultropical paradiseflora and faunacab rideanother guestrooms are largestaff went out of their waydowntown jacobeautiful roombeautiful hotelhermosa beachrainy seasonhorseback riding
Reviewed March 20, 2013

We woke up Saturday morning and saw what a beautiful day it was, we decided call around the hotels in jaco to see if there was any availability. After reading the reviews of docelunas we thought we would give it a try.
Just located to the left of a main road and about 500meters down, easy to find no problem there at all.
We checked in and we got towel cards and a happy hour coupon for 2x1 between 5-7pm, I thought that was nice.
The grounds are very jungly and everything is green! There are beautiful birds chirping all day. The hotel has a number of cats, they are a great idea when living in the jungle because of critters, snakes, anything like that.. The cats do their job, we saw no critters at all.
Getting to the room, I was surprised how large it was, nice big bed, huge washroom, flat screen. They do not have in room telephones. But who are you going to call anyway.
The pool is quite large for how big the hotel is, you wouldn't be crowded at anytime.
We went to the restaurant right when we got there, we left San Jose in a rush so we didn't eat. The owner as at the bar talking to another guest so we decided to join in. We shared stories and laughed. We ate pizza and nachos which were both fresh and hot. The owner sent us to a restaurant called graffiti in jaco (I have a review on them) very good food!
We had a restful sleep, woke up and spend some time by the pool then went into town.
The next night we spent the hotel because it was Sunday and we had to drive back at 6:30 am.
We hung out at the bar and watched tv with the owner, we saw his adorable daughter.
The only thing I would recommend would be a little more lighting on the path ways to the restaurant at night, but that's it.
We enjoyed ourselves and came home relaxed.
We would return again.
I didn't try the spa so I can't rate it, but it looked really nice so next time I will try.

Room Tip: The are all located in a U shape around the property so anyone is fine.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2013

The room was wonderful, but the reasons to stay here are the food and the staff. The restaurant was willing to make a vegetarian meal on request. The staff were extremely accommodating and worked very hard to make sure that I had the tours that I wanted, that I was picked up at the hotel by the bus to take me to my next destination. There are no phones in the rooms, but the front desk always helped me make calls.
Again, all the staff was extremely helpful and made me feel as though my stay was very important to them.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed March 8, 2013

A short distance outside of Jaco set back into the country side is DoceLunes Hotel and resort. The staff is attentive and courteous to all. The staff will schedule excursions or make reservations at local restaurants for you. The yoga studio is set up the hill overlooking the tree tops. Exotic birds fly by while you practice. Refreshing pool available on site or a short walk through town takes you to a gorgeous ocean. Full body massage and scrub at the spa to help you relax into your vacation.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Dawnrn729
Reviewed March 7, 2013

Doce Lunas is a quiet refuge from the crowds of Jaco beach, and a great option if you want your time here to be a quiet retreat. Set back on a sprawling estate at the base of a hillside, the grounds are majestic both night and day. The over-sized pool is the nicest one we've seen in Costa Rica, and features a relaxing waterfall. Our suite was spacious and full of wonderful original artwork, most of which was inspired by, and created on, the grounds of the hotel. Very clean, with modern amenities including cable TV, cold air conditioning, and a stereo system. Breakfast and dinner at the restaurant were good, and the staff were friendly.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul V
Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was the only night we did not have a reservation in Costa Rica, as we left the NW Pacific beaches which were not as beautiful as we thought they might be. We thought it would be easy to find a room between Los Baulasand Jaco, but discovered there were extremely few hotels along the way. Jaco was in the midst of a surfing contest and partygoers from San Jose flooded the place. Due to the almost always accommodating and friendly Ticos, a room was found for us at Doce Lunas, a couple kilometers out of town away from the beaches and activity. Night staff who hablan no Ingles, and my little Spanish got us a room for the night. As we arrived at midnight, the place was quiet and the grounds dark. But we got a superb room and discovered the next day immaculate grounds and well maintained facilities. If one wants to relax in a secure environment and enjoy the encroaching jungle with birds and flowers galore, and enjoy a spacious room with a grand shower/bath and pool, this is a great place removed from the hub-bub of Jaco. Wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: I am certain anywhere at this facility would be nice.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family