We have just returned from a holiday travelling around Costa Rica and stayed in some wonderful places. This hotel does have lovely gardens and rooms. I was a little disappointed when I arrived as we had a booking for a Family Suite and had been promised an upgrade to a Deluxe Suite. On arrival it was quite late just before 1800hrs and the only person who was on reception was due to leave at 1800hrs. Even so, he was very helpful but after showing us to our room he promply left. There appeared to be nobody else at the hotel except a night person on the gate. I then realised that we had not received the promised upgraded room.I did express my concern the following morning and was offered the room which I had previously been promised. The owner informed me over the phone that he had put us in the standard suite for our convenience as the pathway to the Deluxe Suites were not properly paved due to an earthquake 4 weeks previously and they were not using these rooms. The following evening another couple were staying in the suite next to ours which had the same access so obviously there had been a change in this policy!
Otherwise our stay was enjoyable. This was the only hotel that we stayed in that didn't include a proper breakfast in the rate.We were charged extra to have eggs. The food over the three days was not of a consistent standard as it was different staff on duty in the kitchen. The staff were all very friendly. The highlight of our stay here was a sighting of some Chestnut Mandibled Toucans at the back of the property which was great.So great rooms, location ,gardens,staff, but not so great food and customer service.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Travelocity, Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco