“Tropical Paradise!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
Woodbridge, Virginia
“Tropical Paradise!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Paradise in the Jungle! I really love Doce Lunas Resort and have stayed there two times now and am currently looking forward to booking my third trip there to coincide with the Jungle Jam event they host every year. The rooms are very spacious and bathroom are also a nice size. The staff is very friendly and attentive to all my needs. The pool area and grounds are lovely and are immaculately kept up. The landscaper has truly done an amazing job. It is the ultimate spot to get away from it all. I get a total sense of relaxation when I’m there. When I travel I always seek out spa services wherever I go so I am even more pleased that Doce Lunas has their very own spa center on the grounds. In short, of all my travels around the world, Costa Rica and Doce Lunas rank up there among my all-time favorite vacation spots. I cannot recommend them highly enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We recently visited Costa Rica for the first time. Our close friends suggested the Doce Lunas Hotel.

What a great experience, from the extremely qualified staff, the beautiful room, great surroundings, the smell of sweet flowers and the sound of gentle rain in the early morning.

The beautiful and private pool area awaits any guest... A great surprise is that the staff was s was so qualified and attentive. The food was also very outstanding, thanks to a great chef.

We will always go back there whenever we are in that region of Costa Rica. Thanks for everything - we had a great time.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite if you want to feel special.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

I always think it is good luck to go to a place and enjoy it. But I have returned to Doce Lunas and still loved it. The rooms are a good size, big bathrooms, you are out of the hustle of Jaco and have the feel of the jungle. To visit Jaco is a simple five minute ride but then you can return to the sanctuary of Doce Lunas. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

this place rocks...Marco, Jorge & Daniel really go out of their way to make your stay a pleasant one, along with Brian & Chris. Most of the time you don't even have to ask, they know what you need and get it done!

The rooms are great, VERY clean and spacious, and resturant has great food. EXCELLENT value.

See you next year!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Punta Gorda, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

I had the pleasure of staying at the Docelunas Oct 27-30th. I must say it has been one of my best experiences I have had in my many visits to Costa Rica. It is located back at the base of the jungle which provides a great morning breakfast experience. The central area of Jaco is only a $5 cab ride away with very prompt service, taking less than 5 mins to arrive after the front desk places a call. The staff is wonderful and will go out of their way to make your stay enjoyable. Docelunas is a must on my repeat schedule when visiting the Jaco area again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

THIS PLACE IS A LITTLE SLICE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH,Nestled away in a jungle paradise and very close to some of the greatest beaches on earth,The Staff extremely attentive to your every need,The food Fantastic,My Wife Love Love LOVED the Bikram Yoga facility,and I have not felt this relaxed in years,I have traveled the globe,and this place is simply amazing,and some of the COLDEST a/c ever (which I love),We cannot wait to Return , I highly Recommend this incredible place, Cheers.

Room Tip: The Staff is Very Attentive to all your needs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved my stay at DoceLunas. It is the only place I would stay in Jaco. You feel like you are miles from civilization, in a beautiful rain forest, at an upscale small resort, yet you are a short walk from the noisy busy town of Jaco. I cannot say enough about the HUGE beautiful pool w waterfall, the incredible landscaping, the wonderful dining and bar area, and the super friendly staff. I was fortunate to meet Brian, the general manager and Chris, the owner and they are two of the nicest guys I have ever met and they really care deeply about providing a great vacation experience. I felt so comfortable, relaxed and safe that I did not want to leave. The food is the best I had anywhere in Jaco. I walked into town each day even though I had a rental car with me. It took about 15 minutes which was a nice walk for me, as I live in a big city and am used to walking everywhere. Parking is easy if you choose to drive, or cabs are inexpensive if you don't have a car.
A few other notes: this is one of the few places I have ever stayed that has reasonable prices on the in room mini bar and snacks! There is free wifi everywhere; the rooms, the pool, the bar...
The rooms are huge with giant bathrooms and giant tubs. The entire resort is immaculate down to the smallest detail. I had such a great time that I have not been able to get this place out of my head since returning to Chicago, and all I can think about is when I can get back there. Thanks Brian and Chris for a great vacation, I am telling everyone to go visit DoceLunas!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo