“SIMPLY AMAZING” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 45 Hotels in Jaco
New York City, New York
“SIMPLY AMAZING”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

THIS PLACE IS A LITTLE SLICE OF HEAVEN ON EARTH,Nestled away in a jungle paradise and very close to some of the greatest beaches on earth,The Staff extremely attentive to your every need,The food Fantastic,My Wife Love Love LOVED the Bikram Yoga facility,and I have not felt this relaxed in years,I have traveled the globe,and this place is simply amazing,and some of the COLDEST a/c ever (which I love),We cannot wait to Return , I highly Recommend this incredible place, Cheers.

Room Tip: The Staff is Very Attentive to all your needs
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

I loved my stay at DoceLunas. It is the only place I would stay in Jaco. You feel like you are miles from civilization, in a beautiful rain forest, at an upscale small resort, yet you are a short walk from the noisy busy town of Jaco. I cannot say enough about the HUGE beautiful pool w waterfall, the incredible landscaping, the wonderful dining and bar area, and the super friendly staff. I was fortunate to meet Brian, the general manager and Chris, the owner and they are two of the nicest guys I have ever met and they really care deeply about providing a great vacation experience. I felt so comfortable, relaxed and safe that I did not want to leave. The food is the best I had anywhere in Jaco. I walked into town each day even though I had a rental car with me. It took about 15 minutes which was a nice walk for me, as I live in a big city and am used to walking everywhere. Parking is easy if you choose to drive, or cabs are inexpensive if you don't have a car.
A few other notes: this is one of the few places I have ever stayed that has reasonable prices on the in room mini bar and snacks! There is free wifi everywhere; the rooms, the pool, the bar...
The rooms are huge with giant bathrooms and giant tubs. The entire resort is immaculate down to the smallest detail. I had such a great time that I have not been able to get this place out of my head since returning to Chicago, and all I can think about is when I can get back there. Thanks Brian and Chris for a great vacation, I am telling everyone to go visit DoceLunas!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank tom s
Hennessey, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I spent a long weekend with my parents over Labor Day. This is a small Hotel, off the normal path. We felt as if we had the whole place to ourselves, so quite and peaceful. It is a beautiful property, the vegetation was as nice as we have seen.
We had a family wedding and the welcome dinner was held on this property. They did an excellent job getting ready for a large crowd.
Brian was a blessing, he kept my Dad entertained at the bar which gave Mom and I a break! He can also make a good Bahama Momma! When you go be sure to have him hook you up with Raul for the Turtle Refuge, amazing experience!
Be sure to make it to Graffiti for dinner, the food was spectacular! Although you may choose to enjoy the hotel restaurant, you can't go wrong. We enjoyed everything from the complimentary breakfast to dinner! Wonderful!
The beach is about 1 1/2 miles, we walked it but caught a taxi back. The cab was only $3.50 fare.
I am ready to go back with my husband now! Thanks to the staff for a great getaway!

Room Tip: I only seen our room, which was the deluxe. It had two double beds and a very spacious layout. The b...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
Arlington, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

Doce Lunas was my ticket to a much needed retreat away from reality. I stayed nine days and enjoyed every moment. My room was spacious with an enormous bed. The bathroom had a beautiful tub to soak in. The restaurant and staff were out of this world always making me feel at home. The restaurant menu was simple but delicious. The pool was heaven with a man made waterfall on one end and a hot tube on the other. The hotel was five minutes from Jaco Beach which made it more relaxing away from the chaos. Thank you to the staff. I will definitely see you soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Very nice place, spacious tranquil grounds minutes away from Jaco.
Rooms were clean, staff friendly and accomodating. Chris is a great host, very helpful and knowledgable about nearby attractions. Huge swimming pool and hot tub that were open all the time. Amazing food with a chef that varied the menu every single night. Overall a very good value and would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
portland OR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I can't believe what a wonderful time we had at Doce Lunas. This was a little company retreat, five of us were there for a week. It was so peaceful and so immaculate. We just couldn't believe you could have so much privacy and such excellent service. My hat is off to them and whenever we go on a trip like this again we're headed back to Doce Lunas. Specail shout out for the Chef the food was the best I have ever eaten at a hotel!! BRAVO DOCE LUNAS !!!!!

Room Tip: Try the VIP suites worth the little extra they charge (so huge!)
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

Can't see if from the road, its hidden luckily for anybody who does find this hidden treasure. Huge pool, hot water worked great, along with the free wireless internet on the whole grounds. Everything was clean and kept up. The restaurant had something different every night, so you don't get bored. We rented bicycles close to the hotel from a man named Condor and could pedal to the beach or the middle of Jaco any time we wanted day or night, its close.

Room Tip: I did not see any bad rooms