From the moment we arrived at Docelunas, both my girlfriend and I were in paradise. The setting is beautiful since it’s right in the middle of the rain forest, surrounded by the sounds of the jungle and gorgeous scenery. There are big gates at the entrance to the hotel, and you immediately know you will feel safe and taken care of. One thing we enjoyed was the various cats roaming the premises. They’re all very friendly and would curl up on our laps at the restaurant or just sitting outside our room. It made us miss the cat at home just a little bit less!
The staff were terrific all around. Brian, the manager, arranged for our pickup at the airport, and was friendly and accommodating throughout. We were the only people at the hotel for our first few days (we were there at the start of the rainy season), so he upgraded our room for no extra cost! The restaurant was great for a filling breakfast (the continental option is free), and the food was great the night we had dinner there. If you go to the bar for a drink you’ll likely run into Brian and his co-manager Chris and they’re more than willing to give you suggestions for dinner or activities around the Jaco area. Make sure to try a Spooky (named after one of the cats) at the bar!
The rest of the staff were great as well. The waiter at the restaurant was very attentive and always refilled my coffee-loving girlfriend’s cup right when she needed it. The front desk guys were attentive and booked all of our tours for us as well as called us cabs at any time of day.
The hotel is not directly on the beach and is about a $5 cab ride into town, but this didn’t detract from the hotel at all. It’s about 2 kilometers if you want to walk, which we did a couple times, but it might be a little hot for some.
Other amenities on the site were great too. We booked a hot-stone couples massage at the spa, which was done by two expert ladies. The pool was great as well. It was very clean and we had it to ourselves due to the small number of guests at the time. There was also wireless on the grounds, which made checking emails and our flight status quick and easy.
If there is anything missing from the hotel is that there is no fitness center on the grounds, though there is free yoga offered just about every day if that's your thing.
Overall we had an outstanding experience at Docelunas, and if you’re staying in Jaco, this is the place to be.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoceLunas is a spectacular Four Star hotel with five acres of tropical gardens at the base of a cool jungle covered mountain. Coatimundi, kinkajou, anteaters, toucans, and scarlet macaws can be seen here. We have a lovely mosaic lined pool with a waterfall cave, a full services spa, and daily yoga classes. Check out our excellent reviews and come join us in paradise! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cancelon, Travelocity, Hotwire and Cheap Tickets so you can book your DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant And Spa
- Docelunas Hotel, Restaurant Hotel Jaco
- Doce Lunas Hotel
- Doce Lunas Resort
- DoceLunas Hotel, Restaurant & Spa Costa Rica/Jaco