All reviews tuna middle of town central location bar next door the entire staff hot water central jaco the main strip beach nightlife
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

Traveled to Jaco with friends for a getaway vacation. This hotel was amazing! The entire staff was very friendly and helpful. The hotel is located really close to the beach...only a 30 second walk. It was really close to the nightlife, yet far enough for a good nights sleep.
Will definitely stay there again.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank RollTide771
Reviewed July 20, 2017

Whenever im in Jaco I always get myself to Poseidon for their great breakfast and lunch menu. They have a large variety of breakfast and its always good ( especially the home fries ).

They do a fantastic fish and chips for lunch and their sandwiches/burgers are always top notch.

Service is very good and the staff are friendly. An added bonus is that its also air conditioned which is a massive plus.

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank Syddigs
Reviewed June 18, 2017 via mobile

Had the pleasure of staying at the Poseidon and really enjoyed the experience. Staff are very chilled out and friendly, rooms were clean and spacious. Breakfast and coffee were delicious. The hotel is very small but the location is perfect as you are in the town center so close to all the action. Its great if your are traveling solo or with friends.

As some reviewers already mentioned it does get loud from the bar next door but that's Jaco. If your are looking for a quiet place then it's best to look somewhere further away from the main strip.

Overall very good value for money.

Stayed: June 2017, traveled solo
1  Thank VoyM
Reviewed June 10, 2017

I spent three nights at the Poseidon Hotel, and overall had a good stay. My room on on the first floor just past the pool but before the laundry area. I think it was 2, 3, or 4.

First a few positives, the restaurant is exceptional, and I almost gave this review five stars total because I enjoyed eating there so much. I never had to leave the hotel to eat, the seafood was very fresh, and I like the way the chef cooked to my specifications. There was always a good game on in the restaurant, and the staff at the restaurant was professional and friendly. There is also a good breakfast free of charge, if you are staying at the hotel.

The location of this hotel is good, in Central Jaco, however, when we pulled in by car the first night it was late around midnight, and there were a bunch of sketchy characters hanging out directly in front of the hotel. I have to admit it made me very nervous they would try to steal something from me or my friends. Not really the hotels fault, but it's something people should be aware of. (However during the day and evening it is super safe in front of the hotel).

The pool at the hotel is nice, clean, and refreshing.

The room I was staying in was barely satisfactory, on the positive side it was clean. There was a nice room fan, and room safe in the room. However, the A/C unit filter seemed super dirty, and needed to be cleaned badly. When I turned it on, I actually started coughing. Also one evening there was no water at all? This lasted several hours, and just when I was about to complain to staff the water starting working again. Then the next night the hotel didn't have hot water? Also, the TV in my room was fuzzy, and only got a few channels in my room. When I complained to staff they just told me to jiggle the cord, but that didn't help at all. My friend had a nice selection of cable TV channels is his room, so this problem with the TV was confined to my room.

My biggest complaint about this hotel was in the late afternoon, early evening they would have this music on huge speakers blaring in the pool bar area of the hotel. It was too loud, and I would have just preferred to relax in my room and get some work done in a quiet atmosphere. It made that impossible. I actually turned the volume way down one evening on the sound system, and somebody turned it back up as soon as I got back to my room. I would recommend keeping the sound off on the pool speaker system after about 4p.m., as some people want to just relax, work, or take a nap, who are staying at the hotel.

Overall, I would definitely eat at the restaurant again, as they food is fantastic with great service. The hotel itself, however, just in my opinion, could use a bit of work.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with friends
1  Thank smithtss1
Reviewed May 1, 2017

Very satisfying experience on the whole. Very satisfied with the room, with housekeeping, and with the crew who served up the included breakfast.

Really no complaints other than there were some late night revelers using the pool one night, and then carrying on loudly outside my room. I think the night security staff could be a bit more proactive in maintaining the posted quiet hours as I had to rather tersely speak up after being woken up.

I think that the AC unit for that room needs a recharge, it seemed to struggle a bit to keep the room cool, also the TV cable signal for that room was bit fuzzy and could stand for some troubleshooting.

Overall very satisfied, and the bed and bedding were good quality, an absolute must for me, and I slept well.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled solo
PoseidonOwner, Owner at Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2017

Now that is the way to leave a great review to help us and even tell us about the couple of items that could be fixed. Our guard will hear from me. Which room, so we can get it maintenanced?