“Hotel Poseidon is AWESOME”

Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Jaco
Reviewed March 4, 2014

If you are reading this "Just Book it. I have been there many times and would never ... ever think of staying anywhere else. The staff is the most friendly and helpful ever. The food is out of this world!!!! Get the tuna steak!!! You'll thank me forever :)
Drinks with great bartenders, "Donald and Gabby" nice people, helpful staff, awesome owners, "Tim and Chrissy"
The chef is the greatest person to walk the face of the earth!

Room Tip: Write them direct and if there is an event or extra help booking a tour or a fishing trip....OR what...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed March 4, 2014

The owners are part of your experience when you stay at this hotel. They make you feel like family and you really don't want to leave. Centrally located, and close to the beach there's nothing more you could want!

• Stayed: November 2013
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We just got back from our 6th year in a row traveling to Costa Rica and Hotel Poseidon is a must-stay every time we near Jaco. You simpley cannot beat the location walking distance to everything in town and just steps from the beach. Tim, the owner treats people like family and we know once we step foot in Poseidon we will have a good time. Not to mention the food at the restaurant is amazing. We put about 15 of our guests at Poseidon for our wedding and everyone that stayed and ate there had nothing but good things to say.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 22, 2014

We were greeted by a friendly hostess immediately who advised us about the special. She seated us and quickly took our drink order. Within minutes the restaurant was full to capacity. The kitchen was right out in the restaurant which was nice to be able to see your dinner being prepared. All staff dressed very professionally and very attentive. The food was incredible, large portions we couldn't finish, so they put in containers to take out. Their is no doubt we will return here many times during our 2 week stay I jaco. Well done.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2014

The room was clean and comfortable, and the staff were pleasant and helpful. My only complaint was that our next door neighbor had a dog that he would sometimes leave in the room when he went out, and it would bark almost continuously when left alone.

Room Tip: The adjacent street is somewhat busy. Try to get a room away from it.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 27, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was the second hotel I stayed at, the first one blowing this one out of the water. My boyfriend and I checked in with a grumpy guy at the front desk that didn't want to be bothered and couldn't care less that we were there.. He didn't even smile or welcome us just handed us the keys and told us where our room was.. Ok maybe we were spoiled at our last hotel so we were optimistic. The room smelled funny and I would rather sleep on the floor then those terrible beds. When asking the hotel clerk where the best adventure and excursions were he rolled his eyes because he didn't want to be bothered. He then called one place and then handed me the phone to talk to the company, I don't speak Spanish so that didn't work out. Then they allow hookers to just hang out in the restaurant area and talk to anyone who walk by.. It's disturbing! The prostitutes would wink at my boyfriend when we walked by! This place is terrible they don't care about you as a customer or a person. I will never ever return

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Courtneyleeberries
PoseidonOwner, Owner at Hotel Poseidon y Restaurante, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2014

I very sorry our Receptionist did not provide an customer service. We do appreciate the feedback. I will be talking to the Receptionist that is for sure. If you look at other reviews you will see we usually have good customer service. It would help to know which room you stayed so we can get that mattress changed.. As for the working girls, we do not allow them to hang out in our restaurant unless they are with someone. We do not love this part of Costa Rica either, but it is legal in the country. Again thanks for the feed back. Tim

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I was fortunate to find this place thru Trip Advisor ! Our family took a trip to Costa Rica last week and were in need of a caterer...which is not as easy as one would think. Most of the caterers recommendations offered a full service five course menu that was way too costly for our budget. ($700-800 for dinner for 8) Since my husband and I were covering 90% of the trip- I thought it would be impossible to have any of the meals catered. Then I found Hotel Poseidon website and extensive menu as well as favorable customers reviews. Tim -(owner) was so easy to work with. He responded to my email on a daily basis and followed up regularly to make sure that I was happy with the selections. He did a full dinner service cooking at the house during a storm that created loss of power! Feeling very stressed and overwhelmed- he took charge of kitchen and worked the grill in the dark to provide a outstanding dinner! Thanksgiving dinner delivery was just as good- the sweet potato casserole was delicious...we tried to duplicate it once we got home but were not successful! I would highly recommend using his services- shopping at the market was not cheap for a family of eight and his pricing and extensive selection of good quality food make it a easy choice! Feel free to reach out to me with any specific questions that you may have. You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family